Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
diehardangler

Where's the Northern? Island Lake

3 posts in this topic

First time poster here! Just moved to Island Lake from Chicago(go bears,sorry). I can't believe how much attention Walleye get up here. I'll leave that up to you guys but where on Island can I get good fall pike action. I've been only gettin' 2 pounder snakes(still more fun than in Chicagoland). I live on the east end and really only fished that end using spinner baits, divers etc. Any help for a rookie?

I always seem to get more fish either eyes,pike or bass on the west side. I like trolling Reef Runners but do ok on spinners as well. On the east side the point to the west of the gun club always seems to put out a few pike in the boat trolling deep diving sticks. Yellows seem hot for the pike up there.

diehardangler, welcome aboard. I don't target pike but if I did I'd start out by finding the schools of shiners that have come shallow. Weeds are a magnet for them right now.