Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Apex

WALLEYES ON LOBSTER

4 posts in this topic

ANYONE HAD ANY LUCK FISHING FOR WALLEYES ON LOBSTER. I'VE HAD GOOD SUCESS ON OPENER BUT NEVER PERSUED WALLEYES AFTER THAT. I'VE HEARD ON THIS LAKE THAT ALOT OF WALLEYES ARE WEED DORMANT. IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY "GREAT" STRUCTURE FOR WALLEYE AND HAS MANY PREDATORS ROAMING AROUND. BUT I KNOW THEY'RE THERE. aT THIS TIME OF YEAR I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO TARGET THEM BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS SEEM TO BE ON THE MOVE OR IN A SPECIFIC AREA OF THE LAKE. ANY HELP WILL DO THANKS

My inlaws have a cabin on the lake and I too have struggled to find fish later in the season. Last year we caught many of them off of their dock (1-3 per night) from May until mid July. After that they seemed to disappear. Often times we can pick up a stray walleye when out jigging weedlines, but this never developes into any kind of pattern. This year has been more of a struggle so we have been visiting other lakes.

MY GRANDPARENTS HAVE A PLACE ON LOBSTER, THEY HAVE CAUGHT ABOUT 40 WALLEYES THIS YEAR OFF THE DOCK. MOST WERE IN THE SPRING BUT THERE STARTN TO CATCH THEM AGAIN. GRAMS GOT A 26in ON THE 28th.

Because I live on Lobster I know this to be a fact. There are no fish in Lobster, they all left. You need to try another lake smirk.gif Ok all kidding aside, the water temps are still in the high 50's (59 as of yesterday) give it a couple of more weeks then look for some very guick breaks, if you are framiliar with Lobster you know where they are or a sunken island ( not the one by 114) combine that with some redtails from Christophersons (8 dollars per dozen) not to bad compared to last year when they were hard to get and once you put the two together you should have a couple of weeks of good, not great walleye fishing on Lobster. Lobster has a average lift count for walleyes and there are lakes in the area that produce far more walleyes than Lobster.