Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
merldog

pokegama causeway

9 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if the Rt. 169 causeway is open to boat traffic yet?

Came across the bridge this a.m. -floating silt fence was still across the opening. Shouldn't Be to long now -they have been haulin muck out.

I heard from local sources that it's going to be closed the rest of the year! Only a minor inconvenience, eh.

I drove over the bridge this afternoon and they were rolling the sediment barrier on the west side of the bridge up onto a boat, only to drive over again a couple hours later and it had been put it out on the East side. I'm tempted to try to jump it, like the Duke Boys.....YEEEHAWWW!!

The causeway opened to boat traffic this afternoon.

I heard that it wasn't supposed to open for a week or two, but there was a boat jumping the floats and yelling so loudly, they opened it a few days early. smile.gif

The silt fences were open yesterday...Took the family out for a little boat ride and went under the bridge for the first time.

Hey Stick, have you seen the pretty art work on the new bridge. They appear to be a series of symbols of some kind. Maybe MNDOT marks there 'turf' with graffitti? Nothing highlights the beauty of cultured stone like blue spraypaint.

No I hadn't...that's terrible. Everything from the top side looks so nice, and I haven't been by the causeway by boat lately to see how nice it looks from the water. Day by day, I get depressed more and more by what people are capable of. Hopefully it'll get covered up and look good.