Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrjigger

Emily/Outing area

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if there are any good lakes in the Emily area to troll crankbaits at night on. I have heard the Whitefish chain can be good, but what about some other local lakes. Washburn, Roosevelt? thanks

roosevelt....start deep and work shallower till you find them.

Big Thunder is an option also

Hey IrishSOB, I see you are from Emily. Question about duck hunting. I don't want any secret spots or to crowd anybody, but I am bringing brother and friend up to that area the second weekend, and was wondering if you know of any places other than the WMA's that offer a decent place to hunt? I.e. lakes with chance at ducks (not great shooting) but nice area with some nice reeds or cattails, and an access for small (8' and 12') boats.

I only go up once per year, and was wondering about the areas right around Emily, as some of those lakes are small and appear to be legally spares enough to hunt.

If not not biggie, I don't want to take anyones spots or maybe you don't hunt. Thought I would ask smile.gif My place is in the Crosslake refuge, so I can't hunt there... drat.

Thanks!

all the normal decent spots are dried up. others like duck lake are nothing but muck and rice virtually impossible to hunt. your best bet is to go north of Remer to the Mud and Goose WMA. Big Rice and area lakes get hit pretty hard, especially now that the smaller places are dried up.

you could also try the longville or boy river area.

Thanks Irish! Hmmm, I might need to rethink things.