Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

St.Louis River Report

10 posts in this topic

I hit the river today. Got out about 1:30 or so. Trolled deep R.R's in the channel below Oliver. Went about 1/2 hour with nothing then hit a fat 22"er and shortly after a nice 18"er. Both were on a green back pearl belly R.R.

About 45 minutes later something nailed my rod and ripped off about 60' of line! After a lengthy battle I had a nice 45" Muskie to the boat where I released her boatside. Man was that fun.

No Crappies and a few smallies and rockies. All in all it was a nice night to be on the river.

Thats what I get for not taking the afternoon off and jumping in the boat with Ya..... aaahhhh Maybe another time You still thinking about fishing Island Lake tomorrow??

Randoid

Looks like me BD110 and poutslayer will be on Fish Lake. Call me about noon and Ill let ya know what were doing. We will be out about 10am.

Man....if it wasn;t for work I could get SOOOOO much more fishing done.

Maybe I hot the powerball lastnight.

Quote:

I hit the river today. Got out about 1:30 or so. Trolled deep R.R's in the channel below Oliver. Went about 1/2 hour with nothing then hit a fat 22"er and shortly after a nice 18"er.

Walleyes?

Nice batch of fish Steve. That's the kind of day you'd like to have every day. This is the time of year to catch a muskie. The bass have been going all year long but I found last Saturday a little slow.

But here is my question: is anyone finding success on bass, walleye or muskie downstream of the Bong Bridge?

Went out sunday for a bit and fished just below the bong (just below the wingdam / wood pylons) with some success on the smallies, nothing worth mentioning though. Got sick of fighting the wind and headed back up by boy scout and glad i did- not because of quantity but quality- stayed up there for about 45 min and got two 4# smallies:)

Longrifle yes the 22 and 18 were eyes. Suspended in the deeper waters below the Oliver Bridge.

The ski came up close on a deep weed edge. All on that Green/Pearl R.R. 2.5 mph.

Hit the river about 5pm tonight. I wound up 4 for 5 on eyes. No size, biggest was 17". Bite was still on a RR in Green/pearl back about 120' in about 22-27' of water. I did have something big on that was feeling like a nice eye but it shook off about 45' behind the boat.

Island Lake tomorrow.

Nice to see you last night Steve. Things surely seems to be going into a fall mode. I believe the bass migrate downstream into wintering areas and this may starting to happen. Wish I knew where they went. Water is starting to turn over, measured 59 degrees yesterday. Didn't find a great bass bite last night, but those that did hit slammed it, used salt tubes.