Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DEADhead

Neighborhood Watch Program

45 posts in this topic

See here for more information!

These are great for boats, ATVs, snowmobiles, permanent shacks as well as portables. This will be an easy way to show which properties are FM / HSO owned. Great way to meet other FMers and show your support as well as knowing your property will be watched by other FMers.

$1.00 each, plus postage if you want it sent to you via U.S. Mail ($1.39)

Contact Fisherdog (Peter) if you’re interested.

neighborhoodwatchhso.jpg

What's up Dead, how you been? Getting ready for the fall fishing frenzy? I be taken one of dem dere stickers frum ya, Noah and I will put it on the permanent. Give me a ring so we can get out fishin.

Fisherdog

hey Fdog, been busy at work; hardly been home at all. Talked to Ryan a few weeks ago and he said you were having trouble getting fish in your spot. I'm waiting for the water temps to drop a little and the emergent vegetation to recede a bit then I'll be hammering the trout until the season shuts down at the end of next month. I'll give you a shout one of these weekends to get out....

Could you put me down for 3 of them. Then PM me with a time to meet up so I can pay you for them.

Lenny

Deadhead Ill take one, how do i get it, i am in DL every once in a while so i can come and pick it up if that works.

A. Shae

Dead --

I'll take 6 of them -- how can i get them. I am in DL every monday with the paper. Maybe you could drop in Hawley-wood?

Hey Hitman,

If you make someone on the site mad, will they take away your stickers? Maybe just start with one. grin.gif

When they come in, I can drop them off for you when I run to my Fargo office for work. I usually make it there every week or so.

Deadhead,

When do you think these will come in, my fall is pretty busy and i was just wondering.

A. Shae

I just got word that they're in the mail today. I'll get back home from meetings this week on Friday evening. I'll work at getting them out This weekend. Fisherdog, I'll pass along some stickers for you to have on hand too.

DEADhead,

Good for you. Glad to see folks getting involved. I am a retired police capt. who headed up a "community policing" program where I worked in Ohio. It works! A while back after seeing several reports of thefts, I started a thread about how community policing could apply to our "fishing community". It ran for a while and I hope that was one of the sparks that got this going. In addition to the stickers, we will need a "stickey" in each region with reports of thefts & vandalism as well as whatever information is available on those responsible. Information like "possible a blue truck was involved" or "three snowmobiles one had a cleated track" is the kind of thing that will help members to come up with the leads law enforcement needs. Cellphones can be an excellent way to sick the sheriff on the bad guys. Let me know if I can be of help and I'll take a sticker too. smile.gif

thanks Bill. I'll put you down for a sticker.

I recieved the stickers this weekend. I have 11 left that are not spoken for.

Deadhead i would like another one making my total 2

Thanks

A. Shae

no problem!

Dead, I'm heading to Fargo on Thursday. Let me know when/where to pick them up. Hitman, where should I drop them off so others can get them from you?

Can you drop them off at the Herald office. I could have a few and sell them for whoever wants them.

Haven't heard from JP yet. I'll call him in the morning before I leave for Fargo.

sorry guys, I was on the road by 530am this morning for a meeting in Warroad; just got back an hour ago. I'll have to get some stickers over to you Fdog at another time.

I still haven't heard from some of you how you wanted to pick up your stickers. I never got a reply from the emails I sent out earlier in the month.... Please post on here where you want to pick up: Hawley, Detroit Lakes, my home, Fisherdog's office, etc...

Since I haven't been home much the past several months, I have handed over all of the stickers to Fisherdog to distribute. If you are interested pleace contact Peter at:

prod2109@arvig.net

There are a few of you that emailed me for stickers that I never heard back from; please email Peter. Dahitman, you may want to make arrangements with Peter if you want some stickers dropped off in Hawley.

Thanks guys.

If you put in a request for one, please email me so I can get tem to you. If not, we'll have an early ice gathering to get them to everyone.

Fisherdog

Do you still have some stickers for the watch program available? I have a cabin on Big Elbow, but I live in Ill(3 hours south of Chicago in Peoria). I do not have anyone watching my place throughout the year and would like to at least have my information available for someone to report problems or issues. If the stickers are available, let me know the best way to contact someone.

Thank You

I have plenty, just email me.

F-Dog --

Do you ever drive by Hawley-wood? I would like to get some stickers.

Do you need me to pick them up in DL?

I'm going to Fargo tomorrow, call me on my cell 218 849-0760 to set up a drop off time and place.

Fisherdog

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• 750 this week only Im losing money on this but would rather have someone be able to use it than for it to just sit around. After this week I am going to winterize it and it will no longer be for sale.

• How is she on the sit command?  That is the basis of everything.  She needs to learn to sit still and wait until the next command.  I don't even teach my dogs "stay" because it isn't necessary if they are solid on "sit".  Every dog has the ability to be steady, it is up to you to teach them.  A lab that isn't steady in the boat is not only annoying, it is potentially dangerous with loaded guns and the potential to capsize a boat in open water. 

If she knows sit but just needs some reinforcement, it may just take a couple trips where you don't even bring the gun along and let others shoot while you handle the dog. 

If she's real bad, I would recommend going back to the basics. It will be tougher with an older dog versus a puppy but is definitely worth it. Check out the retriever training DVDS by Bill Hillman. They are spendy but definitely worth it.

• easyrider25

Posted

Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?

• On 9/24/2016 at 3:30 PM, ZachD said:

she's getting big

She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 

1 person likes this
    • delcecchi

Posted

Maybe that is how they can stay in business 

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/25/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• flagislanddan

Posted

Fishing Report from Flag Island Resort Lake of the Woods, Northwest Angle 9/26/16

Happy Fall!

On the Minnesota side fishing has been great around Soldier’s and Mergan’s Point. Most points have been producing fish as well as bays due to shiners moving into the bays. Raps and spinners have been successful as well as 3/8 ounce jigs with the jig bite turning back on. Shiners, crawlers and fatheads have all been attracting the fish. The magic depth has been between 8 and 18 feet. The duck and goose opener has been successful with many resident birds still around we have not seen any signs of northern birds in the area. There have been many Woodducks and Mallards around.

Over on the Ontario side the Walleye bite has been great and the Crappies are picking up. Anglers have been targeting fall spots and jigging in 18-28 feet of water. Emerald shiners are on the move to spawn so watch for them in channels and bays with creeks. The water temp is cooling down and is approximately at 62 degrees. Trolling for Muskies in 10-18 feet has also been good.

The leaves are starting to change colors and there is definitely a chill in the air but, there is still plenty of time to get in on some wonderful fall fishing. The best part about fall fishing is some of the great wildlife you get to see out and about. Also, it is a good time to start thinking about your winter ice fishing trip, we would love to have you as our guest!

Until next week, good luck fishing!

Guides Dan Schmidt, Jeremy Glessing and Devin Rau

Flag Island Resort

218-223-8011

14352408_10154027624047635_3217819021999145477_o.jpg

14372283_10154027624017635_7564426901939642848_o.jpg

14463040_10154032392587635_7055875993614459489_n.jpg

• perry p

Posted (edited)

Thanks Workin, Bart and especially Jim for the replies. My family really enjoys fishing on Clearwater lake.

Edited by perry p
      Misspell
    • muskie-mike

Posted

Good walleye bite on leadcore..40 walleyes in 25-28 ft of water,mid lake..None over 16 inches...

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

First time up in Brainerd in 3 years. Went to big trout on Friday, thinking it would be a guarantee (which it usually is). Nope! Not even the rock bass were hitting! Only ended up with a couple pike and a couple largemouths. The inspector at the boat launch was showing me some pics of a couple lake trout this one guy had caught a few days earlier, a 34 and 36 incher! Saturday we were going to fish gull, but it was jam packed with people! Was there a tournament going on? Ended up at a secret little lake where my wife caught bass and pike one right after the other, while I couldn't get a bite to save my life! Was good to be back up there after a 3 year absence. Hopefully I'll find the time to get up there again.

• ZachD
      750 this week only Im losing money on this but would rather have someone be able to use it than for it to just sit around. After this week I am going to winterize it and it will no longer be for sale.
    • MattL
      How is she on the sit command?  That is the basis of everything.  She needs to learn to sit still and wait until the next command.  I don't even teach my dogs "stay" because it isn't necessary if they are solid on "sit".  Every dog has the ability to be steady, it is up to you to teach them.  A lab that isn't steady in the boat is not only annoying, it is potentially dangerous with loaded guns and the potential to capsize a boat in open water.  If she knows sit but just needs some reinforcement, it may just take a couple trips where you don't even bring the gun along and let others shoot while you handle the dog.  If she's real bad, I would recommend going back to the basics. It will be tougher with an older dog versus a puppy but is definitely worth it. Check out the retriever training DVDS by Bill Hillman. They are spendy but definitely worth it.
    • easyrider25
      Looking for advice on keeping the dog focused and quiet in the duck boat.  Was out today and we shot enough ducks to keep her busy, however my dog is such a hyper hypo that it's a  little annoying.  Either whining or jumping back and forth from the front and back of the boat.  Do I just need to establish the expectation and keep on her till she finally gets it or is this how some dogs are in the boat? This is her 4th year duck hunting and she has continued to improve each season.  Overall I am happy with her work, especially with the limited amount of hunting I do.  We were out today for 3 hours, shot 8 birds and she did great on the retrieving end and is pretty much focused on the skies, but if something is not constantly dropping from them I feel like I have a screaming baby on my hands.  It's not really that bad, just very annoying.   I would just like her to sit in her spot, stare at the skies and wait for my command.  Is this to much to ask?
    • MattL
      She's up to 38 pounds at a few days short of 5 months and does not stop going 100 mph. She got exposed to a lot of feathers this weekend at duck camp. She retrieved dead ducks and geese in the yard after our hunts. The goose was a bit big so I chopped a wing off and worked with that after she picked it up and barely made it back a short distance to me. 
    • delcecchi
      Maybe that is how they can stay in business