• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why i will no longer be using Google or Gmail

Bobb-o

Every time i go to open my email in Gmail, i get a PETA link at the top that says it is a sponsored link from google that says: "Fishing Hurts - FishingHurts.com - If you wouldn't impale a dog in the mouth, why do it to a fish?" Suffice it to say i have sent a rather negative email aboot this to google and will no longer be using any of their services.

Because, Dog does not taste quite as good as fish! blush.gifblush.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Much like dogs...peta leaves a bad taste in my mouth. shocked.gif

That last statement does not reflect the thoughts and feelings of the guy that wrote it, it was only meant to make a point. The point is fish taste better than dogs, (this is an assumption based on pure speculation) ...I am not entirely religious but, I had to go to church growing up, I do not recall Jesus feeding his followers puppy. confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

Who feeds these people? confused.gif

I don't know, dog tastes pretty good. The Phillipino's I knew always made a nice meal of dog around Christmas time.

Did you know that there were foreign-owned plants in this country that process horse meat for sale overseas?

This may be one of those things "do not knock it until you try it" I will not try it and that is your business if you want to eat fluffy. wink.gif I am just pointing out that it is not for me and PETA kisses POO!

Anyone up for a good laugh do a search for people eating tasty animals, open their site go to the bottom and read some of their hate mail. I have been laughing for 20 minutes. One warning though, be prepared for uncensored bad language.

I'm not sure what happened but I just checked my gmail account and the google homepage and I have seen nothing like that which you describe. Not that I doubt what you are reporting but for me, I have not seen anything like that on any of their pages.

The only thing on my Gmail page is an ad for discount props. I use google as my home page and have nothing there.

Your right people eating tasty animals is the funniest crap I have ever read. I am reading it to my dog and he is laughing.

One thing, gmail and google scan your searches and text for keywords to target ads to you. So, if you've been typing "peta" a lot (for positive or negative) you're showing a preference. That may be why it is coming up?

what about those defenseless vegetables we eat everyday image the torture farmers put them through laugh.gif we should start an organization for that.....peta is a joke

Sure your choice, but google is the best, hands down, they are teh only internet company that hasn't bowed to government pressure, and are fighting to keep uncle sam from seeing everything you do, atleast they are making it much harder.

That and I guess I surf enough I just totally ignore all adds. grin.gif

• 1 month later...

BOBBO,

CAN YOU LOOK UP FISHING ON GOOGLE?

WHO CARES WHAT THE HE-- THEY THINK,ARE THEY A FISH? HOW DO THEY KNOW WHAT A FISH FEELS? SEND THEM THE LATEST PICS OF YOUR CATCH AND MAKE SURE YOU SHOW THEM THAT ARROW STICKING OUT OF THAT DEERS FRONT QUARTER AFTER YOUR LATEST HUNTING TRIP. THESE PEOPLE HAVE MORE SYMPATHY FOR FISH THEN OUR BOYS IN IRAQ.

the reason you get those adds on google are because they scan your e-mails and in turn post advertisments above your inbox that are matched to common topics in your e-mail. That is the reason why you get all of that mailbox storage for free. Someone has to pay for it. I would rather have it be the advertisers rather than me. It is very easy to ignore the adds. That is my 2 cents.

Quote:

the reason you get those adds on google are because they scan your e-mails and in turn post advertisments above your inbox that are matched to common topics in your e-ma

That's probably an even better reason to avoid using GMail. However, I believe Yahoo does similar things.

I just read the hate mail on the People Eating Tasty Animals web site. It's hilarious. Had to forward to all the hunting and fishing people I know.

I didn't find the hate email but I was reading through their sites.

Can you imagine what kind of life you have to live if you are completely into it (and you have to otherwise it's hypocracy).

No meats, no milk/dairy, no medicines, no animal fibers, etc., nothing. You practically revert to prehystorical stage and still cannot make it without animal product consumption.

That's really incredible how some notorious people stands behind this, and you thought they were smart.....

Quote:

I didn't find the hate email but I was reading through their sites.

Can you imagine what kind of life you have to live if you are completely into it (and you have to otherwise it's hypocracy).

No meats, no milk/dairy, no medicines, no animal fibers, etc., nothing. You practically revert to prehystorical stage and still cannot make it without animal product consumption.

That's really incredible how some notorious people stands behind this, and you thought they were smart.....

Yeah, it's pretty easy to see what going without all those things does to your brain. No wonder they have to rely on PETA for support. Don't step on a garden slug, it may be a PETA member. smirk.gifcrazy.gif

well in theory these peta people shouldn't be driving cars. Since they don't agree with the use of any animal product that should prevent them from using any oil based product such as gasoline or plastic since oil is produced from the decayed remains of plants and animals.

I am sure some wacked out PETA person is crying over a dead dinosour who died 10 million years ago and whose body became the fuel that they are using to get to another nut job convention.

I'd like to see them refusing to enter ER/hospital after an accident or serious illness because they use animal tested medicines..... if they all did it there will be no more Peta people.... grin.gif

I bet they still wear leather shoes though. Hypocrites! They are well funded, dangerous to the outdoor way of life, and think that we are barbaric.

Personally, I try not to support those who support them. Remember that next time you go to a movie, watch TV, or buy music. Enough of that, I need to wash my deer hunting clothes, and cook some walleyes for dinner. I wonder what they would think of that.

Not only is medicine tested on some animals, but there are very important medicines made from animal by-products. Insulin for one. My daughter's first Multiple Sclerosis medicine was made from a gerbil or hamster or something.

The PETA people would really hate my family. We raise over 7000 tasty hogs a year!