• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Questions on Staples area

Crow Hunter

I bought a parcel a few miles north of Staples this summer; this will be my first time hunting deer in this area. A couple of questions: Where is a good place to stop for a burger and a beverage around this area? I have noticed the places in Staples but have not had a chance to stop in yet. Also, is there any resort or anyplace around this area where a guy could take a hot shower for a few dollars? I am used to hunting by Mille Lacs lake and always took showers at a resort there. Any other tips about the area? Thanks for any help. CH

Crow Hunter,

I hunt just north of Motley, about 2 miles out of Leader. In Staples, the bar called Twisted Sisters is a good place to eat and have a beer. Also, if you don't mind a 15 or so mile drive, The Bears Den in Leader is a good place to eat and check and see how the hunters are doing in the area as well. Lots of big deer killed up there last year. The picture to the left took fifth place at the Bears Den big buck contest last fall.

Good luck hunting.

Mysterio

Mysterio, thanks for the info. I am not that far from Leader, my place is about a mile south of Lyons state forest. That is a great buck, congratulations. CH