Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StCroixNewB

Water Temp

4 posts in this topic

From the US Army Corp of Engineer site: The water temp has dropped to below 57 degrees at the Stillwater monitoring site... with the recent cold snap, should only drop further in the next few days. They'll be strapping on the feedbag!!!

Here's the link to that web site:

http://www.mvp-wc.usace.army.mil/dcp/STLM5.html

Be aware boys.The water temp at Stillwater differs from the temp in Bayport,Hudson and points south.I would expect to see temps in the Hudson area around 61-63 by Saturday.The Croix at stwtr is alot shallower than south,so it will cool and warm faster.None the less,the time for piggin out will come sooner than expected this year,Ya baby grin.gifgrin.gif

very true about the differences in locations... that's why I like to check the Stillwater data - from my limited experience, it's a great 'forecast' of the temps downstream from there.

Sounds like 'the boss' has decided that I won't be in town this weekend and I have a business trip next weekend! Why does it always happen that I can't get out on the river when the bite should be the best!!! frown.gif

Weather permitting, maybe I'll get out for a bit tomorrow night. Anyone have an update on the early evening bite around Hudson?

I showed 65-66 degrees late afternoon around Bayport. Trolled for 3 hours, nothing to put into the livewell. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.