• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Getting started

robbro

I would like to get started in archery. I don't have any desire to hunt I just want to shoot targets. I would like to get a decent recurve bow, arrows and the rest of the stuff I need. Can someone recomend a good shop in the south metro area?

Cabin Fever in Victoria.

A little drive, but great guys.

They are also a FM sponsor from what I recall.

hey robbro. There are 2 archery shops in our area (I'm in Eden Prairie). Schaeffer Archery is in Burnsville on Cliff Rd. You can take 35W to cliff and exit. Go east under the freeway and keep going to 12th ave. They are in the next little industrial complex on the right. Its a pretty good shop but a little high end on prices and equipment. They ahve a few lanes for shooting and a video range. I've done stuff there and had work done there, but it always cost too much. Nice guys though and they know their stuff as long as you have the brands that they carry. He didn't know how to work on my Darton.

The other shop is Cabin Fever Sports in Victoria. Take 494west to Hwy 5 west and keep going for about 15mins. They are on the right as you come into Victoria. They are a full service sporting goods place that has an indoor archery range.They carry lots of products and the service is top notch. I now go here for all my archery needs as well as some wants. grin.gif They've got great hours and can really help a guy get started. I bought the bow I have now used from there. They have shooting leagues there too. The prices are reasonable and they are nice folks too. Jeff, the owner is always in there working. He recently signed on a the sponser of our archery forums so supporting them supports our site too.

Looks like Bloomington has an Archery range at 96th and France on the east side, but I've never been there. Says they've got 5 targets. Eden Prairie also has a nice archery range right near the airport. Its got 6 nice foam targets (instead of hay bales) and it has a roof over the shooting area and barriers to keep arrows from leaving the range. EP parks also has shooting leagues during the spring, summer and fall.

If thats not enough to digest smirk.gif you can email me with more questions. [email protected]

Call and talk to Jeff at Cabin Fever in Victoria.He will take care of you well.He is out of town untill I believe Saturday.You could also just talk to one of the archery guys and explain what you need.They also have a indoor range for you to try them out.All I can say is they are a class act.I have along with many friends done business with Cabin Fever and always been happy.You might also mention you heard about them on FM.

Here is there phone-952-443-2022.