Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Booth

Cody/Phelps

5 posts in this topic

I recently moved from Burnsville to Lonsdale. I have been doing a little shore fishing on Phelps, I have yet to see a boat on Phelps or Cody. Why is this, lakes to shallow this year? I'm out there once or twice a week. I would like to get my boat out there but I'd like to know whats up first. Maybe I'm just there at the wrong time?

Booth, welcome to the area! I live about 2 miles from the access as the crow flies and it never has been a popular summer lake, don't ask me why, it just hasn't. It's great for canoeing because of no boat traffic and undeveloped shore, and been pretty good on early ice.

Welcome aboard Booth!

springtime just after a rain, early ice and very late ice right in the channel are usually good for crappies and some nice eyes. have to fight off the bullheads sometimes. hard water fishing for slimers on north west side is good. pannies along the cattails will always produce action during the summer. it is a very shallow lake though, so if you have anything bigger than a 14 footer think twice about puttin it in. good luck. might see ya out there in the next couple weeks, I'll be in the camo boat wearing chest waders. grin.gif

Quote:

might see ya out there in the next couple weeks, I'll be in the camo boat wearing chest waders.
grin.gif

I'll be in the brown boat with waders. 2 person duck boat with the big Minkota motor on it. My son and I get out there a few times each year. Will keep an eye out for ya. If you are ever cruising Arizona street NW and see the big goose decoy mail box you know you are at The_Duckslayers house. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo