• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pop holder.

harvey lee

Ameristep and HME both make drink holders for tree stands. It looks like they retail for 3.99 to 5.99 and are available from Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops. I haven't personally used one but they look pretty handy.

I much prefer a hydration pack with a bite valve. I have a Camelback which has been great. With the bite valve positioned properly, you almost have no movement when you go to take a drink, plus there is no bottle or can to drop and make noise.

hydration packs are nice and I have one in my hunting backpack, but it doesn't hold pop, coffee or cocoa. Kinda nice to have a place to put down a cup without worrying about tipping off of your seat or having it between your legs when you need to take a shot.

I use a pack that straps around your waist. I carry a knife,scents,license,snacks,sandwiches ext. Plus it has slots on both sides for cans or bottles. Once in my tree I strap it around the tree. You can put it high or low. I usually put it so its just off to the side of my seat, so I can reach it without to much movement. You just want to make sure its out of the way for bowhunting. If a shot presents itself behind you. During rifle hunting I hang it to the side so I can also use it as a rest for a longer shot behind me.

Harvey I was just on the cabelas website and they sell something like this that can bolt to the shooting rail or seat frame of your stand. It had a large cupholder with a hook below that they showed holding your thermos. I think it was like $12. If anything I'm sur eyou could find something at a truck stop or auto parts store like the ones that hang in the track of a car window or on the old armrests.

I bought a couple that would hang in your car window ledge and took a hose clamp and attached it to the side bar.Works great and now its easy to have a pop if you like.

I have seen mesh can holders that just screw into the tree like a step would. I have yet to buy one. I have also thought about getting just a chunk of wood with a double ended screw screwed into the edge to screw into the tree so you have a little mini table to set your coffee cup on. There is alot of time to think of this stuff on stand.