Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtreno

x-19 keeps resetting

7 posts in this topic

what the heck - turns off then back on about every 3-5 minutes. anyone else? have to send it in or is there a local repair option? not wiring i plug the 15 in the same cables and it works fine all night. sucks cause all my waypoints are on the 19.

any thoughts?

thanks

My lcx 18 did the same thing this summer. It ended up being a bad electrical connection!

so i messed around with the units last night. the x-15 works in both boats at all three hookup points. the x-19 resets at all three hookup points. checked the connectors on the back of the unit and they seem fine.

any thoughts?

Did you try the Lorance Web sight for ideas?

I had the same thing with the Eagle Ultra Classic that came on a used boat I bought this summer. I e-mailed Lowrance and without doing any diagnostics or hardly any hoop-jumping, they just sent me a Rebate letter that gives me between $75-$400 off of a new unit. They said it was because my unit was too old, they didn't support it anymore.

It hasn't happened for a few weeks now, so I think the previous poster was probably on to something. Do you have a voltmeter? You could hook one up for a few minutes and see if the voltage drops when you put a load on the system. I'm not a mechanic or anything, I've just been trying to figure out the same thing recently.

mtreno I had a x-15 do that before (the x-15 you have now replaced it) Lowarance sent me out a new one and never really told me why. I called them up and told them what was going on and a new one was sent out. Rumor had it that it is the same problem as a computer crashing, it gets confused and shuts down...like it had to much to drink.

thanks Jon