Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

Pin Question

4 posts in this topic

I have been shooting my bow all summer and the pins seem to be a little off.

At 10 yards I am right on. Dead center. From 20 yards I am a little high. Say four inches. From 30 yards I am in the ball park.

I tinkered with it last week and moved my sight up. I shot an inch lower on the 10 yard pin and about 3 inches or so high from 20 yards.

Are my pins off on my sight? The 20-yard pin? Should I move those instead of the whole site? There isn't much room to move the pins -- BTW -- how do you do that?

Move each pin until you are shooting right.If you would have just adjusted your 20 yard pin then you should have been good.You should have just raised your 2o yard pin and then that pin would have shot just a little lower and the rest would have been fine.

With my bow I use only 1 pin as yes they can get very close to each other.Depending on the bow and pounds you are shooting,you can get away with just one pin pretty easy.

Just remember that when you adjust your pins to move it the way you are trying to correct to.If you are shooting high,raise it and if shooting low,lower it.Each pin only,not the whole sight box.

10 yard and 20 yard pins should about be the same. Try shooting 20 yards using your 10 yard pin.

depending on the speed of your bow and the weight of your arrows it is possible you could need a pin for 10 AND 20.

SOunds like you moved the entire sight housing up and your groups followed suit. Try moving just your 20yd pin. If iy it too tight to your 10 yd pin then you probably don't need a 10 yd pin. Best thing to do is set your bow to be dead on at 20 yds and adjust form there. I agree that your 10 and 20 should be almost the same. SOunds like it so far.