Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Jim W

Fall turn

Jim W    0
Jim W

Anyone either have journal info or good memory of Bemidji area Fall turn over?

I am fully aware of it being lake specific and weather related.

Earliest and latest turnovers? How's that?

Thanks for any info...

Jim W

MuskyMark    0
MuskyMark

Not alot of takers on that question, eh Jim? Always seems to be a lot of debates about the whens/wheres/whys of turnover.

But... I can tell you what I've seen. I've been fishing the Cass/Bemidji area in the fall for the last 8 years. Been up anywhere from the first week of Sept. to the second week of October. I know that twice (in Oct.), the lakes had turned. Water temps were in the mid/upper 40s, crystal clear, and we were fishing in 30 degree temps and snow! But the last few years it seems to have been pretty mild in Sept. So I'm assuming that turnover probably wasn't going to happen until at least mid October or later.

Still, I'd consider my observations with turnover in the Bemidji area pretty limited. I'm guessing one of the locals will chime in soon enough.

Jim W    0
Jim W

Thanks for the reply. Taking a vacation with my family. Called the spot on the lake and the owner claimed the lake has already turned> I said "WOW, so early" put simply.

Comments?

Jim W    0
Jim W

Everyone gone fishin' in Bemidji?lol Use to get some quick info from the Bemidji area forum. Anyword?

MuskyMark    0
MuskyMark

Anyone have any info on current water temps and conditions on Lake Bemidji right now?

And if you were out this weekend... how'd you do? Thanks!

Going to be in the area this Wednesday. cool.gif

Fishin' Addict    0
Fishin' Addict

Cass and Winnie were about 57 at the surface and 52 in 35 feet last weekend.

Smaller lakes south of bemidji were more like 58 at the surface and 56 in 35 feet with very poor visibility.

I'd say that if we have a few more days of cold nights and a little wind that should really help things along.

Jim W    0
Jim W

Just returned from one of God's countries. I'd have to make a stab that where I was turn hasn't occurred.

Surface temp remianed an average hovering 57 all week. Walleye were more than cooperative...when there was some wind!lol

Thanks for the replies Musky

Jim W