Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
uffda fishing

Jig color on Winnie???

6 posts in this topic

What color jig works the best when fishing Lake Winnie? What color crankbaits work the best? Perch color?

I like to use a green color with a glow.Put on a rainbow and jig the living heck out of it. grin.gif

we just got back on tuesday and yellow and white and pink and white jigs with a minnow was the only thing that really produced for us.

Jiggin Pig how'd you do? Heading up there this weekend for a couple days. Where was the action at?

Light green or chart. green, I ordered a bunch with a solid red eye, that works the best for me during the early season, end of May. We are heading up next week-end and I will try all of the other options as well. Hope the weather is decent and the eyes are biting, not necessarily in that order though!!!!!!!.

sorry about the delay guys, i have been trying my first attempt at drywalling. oh boy thats fun. it would be chart. green and white. we also were just east of stoney point in about 9 to 10 feet of water, just off of the break. The big thing was to follow the bottom of the break and not go against it for us. hope this helps.