• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any Highschool Players/Fans around?

riverrat56

Anyone around this forum playing highschool ball this year?

Or any parents of players or fans?

Who are you following and how are they doing?

I play for New Ulm Cathedral, were 3-0 coming off a 14-7 win over the defending state champs of Class A Springfeild Tigers, by far the hardest hitting and hard fought game by both sides that I've ever played in. Heading up to Wabasso this week..........

Nope. Too old to be in HS, too young to have kids in it. However, we did play your school "back in the day". GFW was always a very tough rivalry of ours. I was a junior when they went to state and won it. They kicked our tails 59-0 that year. Of course, it didn't help any when one of our own guys took out two of our best linemen that year either. smirk.gif

You guys play against GFW at all? They still tough to beat?

No we don't, but ya they are still a tough team, I work with a few guys who play for them.

Ya i play for the brainerd warriors of the north. iM a D linemen. Were now 3-1. Started off gettin wooped by St. cloud tech. Then we had two comeback games in a row against moorhead and rocori. The we just put the beatin on Bemidji. Our sophmores ae really good this year and in 2 years we are goin to state!!!!!!!

Not a player but I follow our local team quite a bit!

2005 State 3A CHAMPS BECKER BULLDOGS!

Started the year playing National power Rockhurst Accademy and lost 28-14, was a really physical game that changed when we scored to make it 14-21 and recovered the on side kick with 9 Min in the 4th. But Shane Potter (Gopher Recruit) had torn his ACL on the 2nd touchdown and without him we couldn't punch it in.

Week 2 we beat a tough Cambridge Isanti team 14-7 to start off the conference and have not had a tough game since. Without Potter we are not a Top 10 team (any class) in the state but I still think we are the top one/two in 3A. Glencoe and Becker have some history over the past few years and it looks like them and us coming down to the end again. At least IMO.

Gosh this thread makes me feel old... frown.gif

Oh well I'm still on the field every week, now just wearing the stripes though and no pads...

So not only do you lay the law down in the courtroom, but you lay the law down on the football field too! wink.gif

Ha! He's got some guns for being a ref doesn't he! My dad met him once, said he's a real nice guy.

He is a nice guy. My partner in the law firm here is actually friends with one of Ed's partners in their firm in AZ (The guy was originally from around here). Ed will send emails to this partners buddies answering questions about calls and explaining things a couple times during the year. My partner then always forwards them to me to let me read them. We almost always get one after he's done a Vikings game, they are very interesting to read!

Earlier this month I watched Cretin Derham Hall(4-0) defeat Wayzata another metro powerhouse, 42-14 on Fox Sports Net(FSN) The score at halftime was 28-0 and at one point it was 42-0. CDH wide reciever Michael Floyd caught 10 passes for 173 yards and 4 TD's. Other 5A metro teams that look good so far that I know of are: Lakeville South (4-0) Farmington with a good D, strong offensive line and running game are at (4-0). Tartan(4-0), Eastview(3-1). In 4A I like Northfield and 3A DeLasalle (Mpls)

My son plays D-line for White Bear Lake and has so since he was a soph. They have a big game agianst Roseville this week and then the Cretin juggernaut next week. Last year we beat Cretin on our field in a game they did not play well in. Could be a different story this year. Cretin is rolling and I would assume has a point to make against our poor little Bears!!! In my opinion Cretin is the #1 team in the state and we are looking forward to the matchup.

Hugo

• 1 month later...

How's everyone team doing in the playoffs?

Were in the 2A section championship this week friday, third time in 4 years we've gone up to Mankato Lyola, split the last two.....

Had to beat a tough Lecenter team to make it, won 9-7 made a goal line stand to win the game, stopped them short from less than a yard on 3rd and 4th down as time expired.

It's a game of inches........

I live in Lakeville and I guess that would mean Lakeville South is my squad. I'll be more into them when and if my boy plays down the road.

MCC beat Adrian over the weekend. This was the mother of all upsets. However, I'm thinkin it's cool as my boys go to MCC.

That was a HUGE upset Boilerguy... We listened to that on the radio on the way to work our game. We reffed Blue Earth at Maple River Saturday night. Now I think I'm done for the year...

The Brainerd Warriors lost to St. Cloud Tech. A tough loss. Fieldgoal with 2 secs left ended it. It was a game we should of won.

TIGER PRIDE, TIGER PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Springfield)

The boys are looking very good rite now! Played an awesome game last weekend at Minneota! We played MCC last year in playoffs they had a good young team. heard they had alot guys hurt, but most are back know, should be a good game Friday night!

I'll be hunting and not in Proctor watching the Falls-Proctor 7AAA championship game. Falls has a kid, Deangelo Brakins, who has scored 15-16 TDs in the past three weeks, including rushing, receptions, kickoff, punt and interception returns.

Anyone on here know of any Christian Football players looking to play at the next level? I currently coach at a Division III school and wouldn't mind hearing some names!

White Bear is still in it. Playing Roseville Friday at WB Stadium. Last matchup WB won 17-0 holding Roseville to 50 something yards of total offense. I don't expect that again as Roseville is playing better ball. Suburban East has 3 teams alive with Stillwater, Cretin and White Bear.

Hugo

We (NU Cathedral) won tonight at Loyola, 21-14, trailed 14-7 at halftime, came out in the second half and controled the ball the whole half, never threw the ball once in the second half, racked up yards on the ground.

Southern MN confrence is making another strong showing in the class A state tourney, two years in a row with 3 teams out of 8 coming from our confrence. This year its Springfeild, Wabasso, and us. We have a chance to be possibly playing in a rematch for the state championship in 3 weeks.

For the record we handing Springfeild their only loss in 2 years in week 3 14-7 and then threw one away at Wabasso 12-6 the next week.

Mark13:33 where are you coaching at? I might have a few names for you and a question or two, shoot me an email at [email protected]

Hey DFV87.. Good luck with them bulldogs. If it is that they are in class 3a which i thought they moved up to 4. but if they are in 3a, good luck with Glencoe Silver Lake. I follow them since i graduated, and i garentee they will give Becker a run for there money.

Anyone still playing after tonight? Who had games pushed back because of weather?

We played on the frozen tundra tonight in Goodhue, won the game 19-14 scored 3 times in the 2nd quarter, dominated the line of scrimmage tonight, controled the ball in the second half even though we did not score. On to the DOME.

I'd love to see Springfeild win one tomorrow against Rushford, put three teams from the same confrence in the semi finals.

Your luck that your not in 3A, Cuase the class 3A has some power houses in there. Watch out boys and girls.

What's that supposed to mean, there is reason for the classes, it wouldn't really be fair for a 1A school with 190 kids in it to play against a school with 350-500 kids would it?

The class system acts like a salary cap would in pro sports, it keeps the compition on a more even level.

And BTW there is power houses in every class.

You act like i have no clue what im talking about. I can tell you this. I know whats going on when it comes to high school football. I understand the classes and the powerhouses, but from the way i look at it, when i was there playing, we were a 3A school, and everyone said that we could have beaten everyone in the state. So you can think what you want, but im pretty sure i understand that high school rules and classes. Good Luck

Sweet... gotta love the banter! All I know is that I'm living here in Lakeville and we just beat perennial powerhouse Cretin Derham Hall and are on our way to state! Could our 5A team compete with those 3A jaugernauts? tongue.gif So who is the best team in the state?

Every year there are 1A teams that can compete with any of the classes out there. Like riverrat said you really cant say that a 1A team is that much worse than 3A team. They really arent comparable. Its like the Yankees playing there minor leaugue team. Yes many times they are gonna win but they are suppose to. Oh and by the way riverrat Im from wabasso. As you prolly already know we spanked Barnum 30 sumtin to zero and now we got rushford. My brother starts the offensive and defensive line (Tackle both ways. He went to the Springfield game and said it was a very sloppy game. Lots of fumbles and bad plays. So yes we are dome bound. Good luck to you and we hope to see you in the finals where Im sure you guys will be playing for some payback.