Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MJCatfish

Navionics Boat: Did anyone else see?

11 posts in this topic

Saw a center console bay boat at Carr's in Ottertail this morning while on my way to work. It had a very large Navionics decal and it also said something like "Serious about fishing" on the side. Was wondering if anyone saw it and was curious to know if it was a private boat or if they around the area plotting some lakes or just passing through. I wish I would have stopped to check it out closer.

MJ

Guessing Navionics is surveying OT for an updated lake map? Those boats have been spotted all over the state this summer. If I recall correctly, Navionics surveyed Vermilion and Lake of the Woods this summer. Interesting...

ChuckN is right. I ran into 3 guys at the Otter on Sunday night, and they were the crew. They were working Ottertail, but that was the only area lake they were hitting this trip.

Very interesting.

Did they say if they were doing 1 or 3 foot contours?

Didn't ask about the 1 or 3 foot contours. They had mentioned spending a good part of the summer on Oak Island, and continuing south as it gets colder. The only question I asked was to myself: I wonder if they are hiring??

Competition should be pretty interesting between Navionics and Lakemaster. I have the Lakemaster stuff for both LOW and Ottertail. It would be tough to improve on it, but I am sure there is some stuff Lakemaster missed.

I really gave the Lakemaster stuff a workout on the south side of Oak Island last winter, and also around the 4 blocks series of Islands. Accuracy was really impressive.

Gissert have you explored the East end of OT with your Lakemaster map yet? I noticed a major gaff in the accuracy on one of the areas....first I have seen that wasn't dead on accurate.

Just one time with with the Mighty Nerveball in May. Yes, we did notice a few spots that were not quite right.

Most of the stuff is pretty dead on, including those spots I showed you last winter.

I'm sure if you get out with Mr. Abercrombie he will repay the "spot" favor. We have been hittin' em pretty good, even though he prefers to be a "closet" fashion guy now since everyone was on to the secret of his success... Don't think he isn't still going through his "mirror" ritual before every time out though.. grin.gif

I don't think the high fashion stuff comes out until hard water season. Lately, he has been dressing down with torn Nike duds.

Last winter, I received a nice set of matching black Carhart bibs for Xmas from the Warden. How excited I was to have fishing duds just like Mr A & F laugh.gif. When I went to meet him on Ottertail, my heart sunk to realize I was once again behind the times. He had on some slick green rain gear type outerwear. I was crushed frown.gif! I looked sooooo 2004. Even my wheeler was sad, and refused to perform. I spent the rest of the afternoon getting towed around by a Honda and the best dressed fisherman on Ottertail grin.gifwink.gif

Honda_vs_Polaris.jpg

What a day that was... laugh.gif