Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofishfisherman

Play by play guys on sunday

13 posts in this topic

Was in just me or were the guys who did the vikings game on Sunday just brutal? I don't know their names but one of the guys didn't know what he was talking about and kept fumbling his words and calling the wrong players.

I thought they were some of the worst play by play guys I have ever heard.

It has improved since Hank Stram was trashing the purple 25 years ago.

Radio or TV?

I'm assuming you are talking about the TV guys, Bill Mass and the Nascar guy...they were terrible, but not as bad as the camera man. He must have been hung over, he made me dizzy trying to follow the ball. I wouldn't be surprised if Mass asked Julius Peppers to go steady after the game, I sensed a big time man crush.

I didn't like them either. My hubby just called me in to watch the highlights, since I couldn't stand listening to them.

Of course, I'm not allowed to watch the game in the same room with him after the remote throwing incident a couple of years ago. His bruise healed up quite nicely, though. grin.gif I guess I get a little edgy when the defense stinks.

I thought I recalled him saying "pissed off", when Napoleon Harris sacked the QB by the goaline, then he changed it to some other adjectives.

What an interesting turn of events in that game with the special teams play by both teams.

2-0!

Turn the sound off and listen KFAN. The commentators on FOX are horrible.

I was talking about the TV guys. I always thought the KFAN boys do a pretty good job. PA should get the homer of the year award every year.

The camera guys where bad as well. I thought that fox really stunk up the joint with the telecast. Bad camera, bad commentators, bad production all in all.

I would turn the tv volume off but I was switching between the twins and the vikes and I wanted to hear the twins game. Also the delay between tv and radio can drive a guy nuts.

Agreed on the TV end. That camera man will never play defense in the NFL, he fell for the play action every time!

PA is in the Homer Call Hall of Fame at 1310 The Ticket in Dallas. He's more tollerable this year by some degree but my cartoon bubble shows him listening to his own replays.

Read the Star Tribune column today; that guy had the same opinion as you guys (and me too).

Bill Maas would say something insignificant or just plain stupid and Steve Byrnes would brown nose with a fake laugh or "Bill, you are a wild man". Give me a break. I thought Byrnes was not a good announcer for Nascar coverage, why did he get bumped up to NFL?

Hopefully this weekends game will be deemed worthy of a better team, but rest assured when they play Detroit we will get them again.

DD

I thought it was much improved this week grin.gif

I agree, last Sunday was pretty good. I like Dick Stockton.

I checked FOX Sports website, it's Ron Pitts and Terry Donahue this week, I guess I don't remember them.

Steve Byrnes and Bill Maas do not have a game this week. FOX has 6 games and they are obviously the #7 or #8 squad.

DD

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• chaffmj

Posted

26 hunting dogs have been killed by wolves in NW Wisconsin this year? Wow!

• SpecialK

Posted

It's been dredged to 4'. The lake still has a sandbar. He did not dredge past the creek mouth

• leech~~

Posted

2 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there. :(

• easyrider25

Posted

Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.

• JBMasterAngler

Posted

Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down! :mad: This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset! 

• papadarv

Posted

1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

Actually DMV and DNR do quite well at their auctions. You win bid, You Pay, You own. No red tape, no collection process, simple and things seem to sell for quite a bit of money. Go and one see for yourself, its quite amazing. Lots of them at the Arden Hills DMV. Hard to collect money over the phone and on the internet. I do believe they will use the same auction process for this property sale as the DMV and DNR are good at it and a lot of buyers will be there. If the internet were to be used, the "political cronies" would need to create a bill, Ear Mark several million to develop a site, create an app, hire 40 to 50 people to manage and than increase taxes to cover the cost much like Obama Care Not a good plan. If your interested, go to auction, bring lots of money, win a bid and own.

2016 MN auction schedule if your interested in going to one.

http://mn.gov/admin/citizen/surplus-property/auctions/schedule/

• SpecialK

Posted

They were dredging there today. Not sure if they are done or if it will take longer.

• the weather has not been good this past week either, but fishing was still do able. Pike island is a popular spot and I am sure you can find fish there. Gold is. would be worth a try as would the area around the wolf pack. We had 4 nice walleye today and a great fish fry tonight. Heading home in the morning for the season. so good luck

• I bet we will end up going to red trying to convince the couple guys that dont like sleepers for some reason that a 10x24 sleeper is just like a cabin and that we can bring 2 portables to bounce around if we want. Dont really need a guide ill probably allready have gone there 3-4 times before this trip.... Maybe superior will freeze good this year and I can convince them to go there i guess I just get kinda bored or red sometimes

• delcecchi

Posted

I bet the state, not the political cronies, would get a lot more money by having the auction on the internet or allowing phone bids.  Heck, put them on the bay of E. 

• chaffmj
      26 hunting dogs have been killed by wolves in NW Wisconsin this year? Wow!
    • SpecialK
      It's been dredged to 4'. The lake still has a sandbar. He did not dredge past the creek mouth
    • leech~~
      Could have throw a line off the south shore since you were all the way up there.
    • easyrider25
      Hey guys thanks for the tips.  What you are saying really makes sense.  I have been working on these items this week, not expecting a completely changed dog out there but looking forward to continued exercises this weekend out in the blind.
    • JBMasterAngler
      Drove all the way up to grindstone this morning from Forest Lake. As I'm driving along the shoreline, I can't stop admiring how beautiful of a day it is, and how great it will be to be on the water. Was totally amped up to fish for some trout! Then I pull up to the boat launch...and it's closed down!  This dredging project has been pushed back for years, then they finally decide to do it on a beautiful sunny day, that I picked to come here...on the last day of the lake trout season nonetheless! Needless to say, I was very upset!