Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
birdswacker

Anybody catching walleyes?

7 posts in this topic

Is anyone having any luck with walleyes around forest lake,wyoming, chisago area? I don't want exact spots just any action.

I have picked up a few in the last week both times out. Found them at dusk in 5 to 9 feet on jig and minnow. It will only get better each day now. And they have been very small 12 to 14 incher's. these were on Chisago area lakes. How about you? Any action on clear seeing alot of boats out there?

Was out on Saturday morning on South Center and was pretty rough out there in the wind. Caught 3 walleyes on spinners and minnow along with 4 bass wihch we were not going for. Was out in 8-10ft, but not much action though. Hoping the colder weather may move the big ones in to the shallows soon.

Hit South Center Wednesday night (along with alot of others)great night but only boated a few crappies and 1 bass no eye's this night.

Shorefisher planning on hitting clear sat. evening if the rain lets up otherwise I have'nt been out for a while youth football started and I'm coaching.

Did you get out on Clear Saturday? I went to the Rum on Saturday and the fish were out in the rain did real well on small mouth best going 19" some small pike and 2 eye's. Fished Green (in chisago)last night and came up with one small eye for the effort but once the rain quit it was a nice night to be out.

Quote:

Is anyone having any luck with walleyes around forest lake,wyoming, chisago area? I don't want exact spots just any action.

Yeah, early spring, right after the opener, I was consistently catching my limit of wallyes there. By the end of June, everything just slowed and didnt catch anything. Fall time, tried a few times, didnt do so good.