• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What did you see??

HunterLee

I didnt get to go this weekend but have to wait til thursday night. What did you guys see this weekend? My brother and girlfriend went Sat. night saw probly 30 or so between them. She had one at 14 yards but didnt shoot. She was waiting for one of the kissing bucks we watched one night. Just like to hear so reports of the big one that got away.

well i shot two does the other day then today all the action i had were all bucks. saw 2 real nice bucks this morning and let them pass, then this tonight i saw 7 more bucks, the biggest one was 11 points, he was about 10ft from me blind then the others were no more then 30 yds from me. it was just fun to watch them go about their buisness.

Hey Guys,

I went out tonight for the first hunt of the year on some

public land and say three a doe and fawn and a really nice

8 pt buck at about 40 to 50 yards. It was just nice to get

out and be sitting in a treestand.

jbtwins 24 Where do you hunt in rushford? I use to hunt down there by yucatan. My dad and my uncle had a falling out and that was it for deer hunting the bluffs. Ive had great luck getting on land down there turkey hunting but deer hunting no way. I shot 14pt. by the girl scout camp in 1992. It's was always neat to go to travis's shop in houston to see all the big deer registered.

i have just about 1200 acres that i can hunt on by relation or friends that own land. where ive been mostly this weekend was around the golf coures. i think its probally the best hunting in minnesota but thats just me. no matter how many monsters are taken out in the local area theres always more for next yr. just like the 11 pointer i passed up the other day. if it makes it through the yr its going to be huge next yr since it was 2 yrs old. good luck and be safe hunting!

No deer but I wasn't out very long, just a few times over the weekend for a couple of hours each. I did see a wild turkey hen with three of her young come right under my stand and several four wheelers oblivious to the fact I was out there in the woods with them. Always kind of cool. Probably how deer that spot us that we never actually see feel. grin.gif

Sat morning I was about 70 yards from one of my trail cameras, it flashed four times so there were deer around - but none walked by me. Was out Sunday morning and got busted, a deer was downwind of me blowing. Sunday night I didn't make it out, but saw deer eating 20 yards from where I had been Sunday morning!!! Thats why they call it hunting and not shooting!!!

First time bow hunting in about 20 years brought back old memories. The weather was nice. No rain. I wasn't in my stand for ten minutes and had a doe and a fawn walk up. Sat and watched them for 45 minutes. Even got a chance to pull up on both of them. Closest they came were within 10 feet. Still waiting to see a buck. Not bad for 4 hours of hunting though.

Saturday morning I saw raindrops, black squirels, and a cut thumb that came from trimming some branches after my hunt...ouch...be careful in the woods doing anything is all I can say.

Sunday evening I had a smaller doe come from down wind directly under my stand and continue unward. Never had a shot on her and probably would have passed anyways...but it was good to see/know that my scent control was working great...she walked in on the same trail I came in on.

I agree with many...it is just nice to be out in the stand again....relaxing....except for the mosquitos!

Saturday morning I had a large fawn by itself eating acorns.

Saturday night I had a doe & two fawns then 5 minutes later a lone doe all came about 20 yards behind me. There was no shot there & they didn't turn down the trail to the alfalfa field that would have gotten a doe killed. Hope to get out Tuesday night. There's virtually no mosquitos in our area, a very few & they don't act real hungry.

I saw 8 deer saturday. All that I could have shot where fawns. Oh well, hopefully next weekend a bigger one will come by me.

Went out saturday and sunday and saw one deer but it came in 15 minutes before shoting hours wind was horrible for me this weekend and couldnt sit in any of my good stands.

i went out after work around 4 on monday night and i had a blast. the only deer i saw out of one of my stands was this huge buck. i swear this buck was about 15 yards from me and i shot and missed. i thought my shooting lane was clear but it wasnt, i hit a branch and the arrow just flew off of it. im shooting myself in the head because i stopped counting points at 14, there was more to count but if i wanted that thing dead i would have to shoot then. so whats my luck to see that buck again?? ill get him next week, i know all about that deer.

Went out Saturday night. The wind was right and I was excited. The storm was on its way with lightning, but I thought I would sit there anyway. Ddidn't see anything then the wind went down and the sketters came out. I was not prepared for that.

Then the clouds rolled in at 6 p.m. -- just as the national weather service had predicted and I got out of the stand and started to walk back. The lightning started and I started to run back.

Nothing rike running through an open field with a bow. My wife chewed my tail and said I should have been hit by lightning. wink.gif

jbtwins,

Congratulations as most of the battle was won just getting a shot at a "hawg". HOWEVER.....Don't count your chickens, or in this case Points, until they're hatched! You may have just focused a little too hard on the hat-hangers and not as much on the shot. Whatever the case, stuff happens, hang in there, and next time.....well, you'll have to wait and see. wink.gif

fishin

Watched two small bucks fight for a little while last night. That pretty much made my night!

again, i saw and passed up 6 more does and i passed up this huge 11 pointer. this is the second time in a week i saw that buck. more deer activity is going on in the area, who all thinks the rut will start early this yr?? i do just the way ive seen these bucks act.

Went out sunday night and sat from 4:30 till dark. hard 2 adult does come in with two fawns. the fed for ever and i actually filmed them for 20 minutes and then decided to take one of the does . Shot her at 15 yards ran about 40 and died. they didn't come out till 7ish. I would recommend the 2-blade Rage broadheads. The entrance and exit wounds were bigger than my shot gun holes and even my rifle with balistic tips. Hopefully will get out again before going to wyoming to hunt some mule deer and antelope

Went out again last night for an hour and a half before dark - as soon as I could after work. Didn't see any deer within bow range but did manage to have myself surrounded by wild turkeys this time. And they did something I've never seen before - roosted all around me. They made an awful racket as they settled in for th night. Pretty cool.

First time hunting, missed opener. Went out last night and had a fawn about 10 yards and a yearing, about 15 yards. In 25 years of toteing a shotgun, I have never been that close, and watching for a good minutes was great.

Was out last night hunting a waterway between 2 corn fields had a solid SE wind perfect for this area.

About an hour before sunset 3 bucks walked by my corn ladder stand 2 rows over all were shootable just not what i was looking for.Those same 3 bucks came back 1/2 hour later in the waterway about 9 yards away feeding on green grass.2 more small bucks came out of the corn about 50 yards and walked right past me at 6 yards.I have all on video plus i took a photo of 2 bucks from my corn ladder stand just to show you guys how close 1 can get without being seen.After the 1st snap of the camera the 2 small bucks looked over in my direction on the snap of the 2nd pic my flash went off and poof they were gone

I had a good 1/2 hour of hunting left but the wind picked up and it started to rain hard so i headed for the truck

Since it's raining out i'm headed back for bed

I'll post some pics on sunday and at the end of the hunting season i'll see if we cant get are 2006/07 hunting season video clip on here

Was out Wed and Thurs evening. On Wed. A big 8 or so came out just before dark and was grunting in the woods for about 20 minutes before he came out. He continued to grunt the whole time he was out of the woods. He went and checked his scrape. Too far to shoot. Last night in the rain I saw 2 different bucks come out at different times. The basket rack came within 12 yards. Lots of activity those two nights. Can't wait to see the big boy again.

Well i finally got out Wed and Thursday night. Wed night had a small eight point right under me for 10 minutes. Would of be an easy shot at 22yds and anywhere from 5-15. Saw a couple does but they followed the other trail out to the field. Lastnight had bout 8 or 9 does and fawns out in front off and on but the wind had them spooked. My girlfriend coulda nailed 5 does and fawns or a little 5 pointer. Let them all go. Hopefully the rain stays away for some hunting tonight.

Opener Sat. evening shot my first buck with a bow (6 pt. bow hunted 2 yrs. missed a big 12 pt. and several does before everything worked in my favor now I'm addicted).

Couple small bucks i hope to see in 3 years taken off of my corn ladder stand this weekend

2bucksoriginal.jpg

2scrubbucks.jpg

Another small buck that walked right under me while sitting in a tree over looking this field road

1scrubbuck.jpg

Yesterday i put a guy on a stand that has never shot a buck over a 11" spread.He hit a 125-130 class 10 pointer low in the brisket and we lost him this afternoon as we gave up tracking him last night at 10pm when we jumped it.We started tracking again at 8:45am after the game warden had stopped us on a T.I.P call last night.The call was made while we were tracking the deer after dark with flash lights.He checked are lic asked us who owned the land and if we had permission.Off he went

My hunting partner came with me to my stand this morning at 4:45am.I sat him on a ground blind i had made the day before in hopes to get big boy jr.Knowing this bucks habbits by now i know where he beds for the day just not sure what time he arrives yet.Well at 8:00am i walked back up to the ground blind to see the biggest set of eyes 1 can have

Holy crap i just sat down and looked up on the hill 30 yards away i saw an elk.He walked right up to me 5 feet away eating.I said well it's prety dark how would ya know he was eating.He said cause i could hear his teeth grinding.((Wow thats close))He said it walked up and down this path for 15-20 minutes then headed your way.Well i never saw it but then again iwas looking into darkness not being able to see the deer sky lighted like he got too

So i guess i need to move my stands again a lil closer to his bedroom

Friday night I got a doe at bout 7 yds. Other then that i had a 3 pointer and 2 little nubbens laying within 15yds of the stand. Off to the races tonight and then its up to Thief River to hunt a day with one of my buddies. My brother had 2 nice 8's bout 40 yds away but they didnt quite come in. He could of shot 8 or 9 does. Then my girlfriend sat out last night til bout 430 then she thought she'd blow out of the stand so she got down, then low and behold the big tall 8 pointer she was after stood 15 yds from the stand.

i was out in my ground blind for the night and half a hr later her comes two big wolves with in 25 yards of me. i hoped that those two wouldnt see me and they didnt. thats all i saw tonight, kinda freaked out but what can you do right?