Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishdeer

trigger release

14 posts in this topic

ARCHERY

For those who shoot with a release , what do you use to hook up to the string or do you attach directly to the string. What works best for you.

I just use a string loop....works fine for me.

For hunting I use a string loop.. For target I use a rope release.

I used the Ultra-Nok XL because I wanted to get away from using rubber tubing on the peep. The ultra nok helped with peep rotation without using tubing.

Another reason I had the metal nok is because my first release was crappy and kept chewing up loops and a string.

Now I use a no-peep and like it, but kept the ultra nok.

Don't forget to never trust the release completely and always have an arrow nocked when drawing back!

I've been thinking about going to the No-Peep... how hard was that to get used to?

I've always hooked directly to the string. I've never had any problems with that.

I use a string loop. Works fine for me and it helps with fine tuning your draw length if you're kinda inbetween inches like me. You can add an extra 1/4-1/2 inch with the loop.

I personally have shot both ways. Lately, I have been shooting the loop. It seems that being right behind the arrow would increase my accuracy. Never seen any stuies that back this up though. When I miss, it's definitely my fault! One thign I did notice, though, is that the loop doesn't cause as much string wear.

I am with Cliffy -- String loop is the way to go. Less wear and tear on the string itself.

It took a little while to get used to the No-peep, but now it's great! The toughest part was not being able to look through the string anymore.

However, it makes a big difference for shooting at dawn and dusk.

Look through your peep, then move the peep to the side and see how much easier it is to see at dusk.

Basically it is a way to get a consistant anchor point/head position and gives you more shooting time. I usually get home late from work and I am able to shoot targets with a little yard light.

Are you using a kisser button then? I used to hunt with one, but went back to a peep with my new bow two years ago, I like both.

Not using a kisser button.

My thumb goes behind my mastoid process(bump behind and below the ear) and the big knuckle from the release finger goes in my ear...that with the NoPeep is my anchor point(s).

Why did you quit using one?

SnapCrackPop,

That's funny. I shoot the exact samy way. Having that finger on the back of my neck makes me feel really steady. It doesn't feel like my draw hand is hanging out in space. Almost like a rest for a gun.

I don't know, they had the bow setup with a peep already, it was one someone had bought & then brought back right away. I hadn't shot that great with my old bow & thought maybe the kisser was the problem, although I think it was th bow. I did like it, but I've shot well with the peep & had no problem, so it really doesn't matter that much to me either way.