Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Fishdeer

trigger release

Fishdeer

ARCHERY

For those who shoot with a release , what do you use to hook up to the string or do you attach directly to the string. What works best for you.

cliffy

I just use a string loop....works fine for me.

Deitz Dittrich

For hunting I use a string loop.. For target I use a rope release.

snapcrackpop

I used the Ultra-Nok XL because I wanted to get away from using rubber tubing on the peep. The ultra nok helped with peep rotation without using tubing.

Another reason I had the metal nok is because my first release was crappy and kept chewing up loops and a string.

Now I use a no-peep and like it, but kept the ultra nok.

Don't forget to never trust the release completely and always have an arrow nocked when drawing back!

Deitz Dittrich

I've been thinking about going to the No-Peep... how hard was that to get used to?

bigbucks

I've always hooked directly to the string. I've never had any problems with that.

Powerstroke

I use a string loop. Works fine for me and it helps with fine tuning your draw length if you're kinda inbetween inches like me. You can add an extra 1/4-1/2 inch with the loop.

FarByondDrivn

I personally have shot both ways. Lately, I have been shooting the loop. It seems that being right behind the arrow would increase my accuracy. Never seen any stuies that back this up though. When I miss, it's definitely my fault! One thign I did notice, though, is that the loop doesn't cause as much string wear.

Dahitman44

I am with Cliffy -- String loop is the way to go. Less wear and tear on the string itself.

snapcrackpop

It took a little while to get used to the No-peep, but now it's great! The toughest part was not being able to look through the string anymore.

However, it makes a big difference for shooting at dawn and dusk.

Look through your peep, then move the peep to the side and see how much easier it is to see at dusk.

Basically it is a way to get a consistant anchor point/head position and gives you more shooting time. I usually get home late from work and I am able to shoot targets with a little yard light.

bigbucks

Are you using a kisser button then? I used to hunt with one, but went back to a peep with my new bow two years ago, I like both.

snapcrackpop

Not using a kisser button.

My thumb goes behind my mastoid process(bump behind and below the ear) and the big knuckle from the release finger goes in my ear...that with the NoPeep is my anchor point(s).

Why did you quit using one?

FarByondDrivn

SnapCrackPop,

That's funny. I shoot the exact samy way. Having that finger on the back of my neck makes me feel really steady. It doesn't feel like my draw hand is hanging out in space. Almost like a rest for a gun.

bigbucks

I don't know, they had the bow setup with a peep already, it was one someone had bought & then brought back right away. I hadn't shot that great with my old bow & thought maybe the kisser was the problem, although I think it was th bow. I did like it, but I've shot well with the peep & had no problem, so it really doesn't matter that much to me either way.