Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
united jigsticker

A win for the Vikings on FOX

14 posts in this topic

Nice win again, defense.

But I wondered through the entire game; was the camera guy out drinking all night?

If not, I assure he will be tonight after he consoles himself after getting fired for not doing his job, which is to FOLLOW THE BALL!

Or was it just me watching guys who didn't have the ball run all over the field, and then have to hear what happened from hte announcers and wait for the replay from a different angle?

It's not good when the NFL camera man looks to guy in the stands above him and asks "Have you seen my baseball?"

LOL, I said the same thing in the "Monday Night" post. I've never seen such "fine" camera work.

Normally they do a really good job, but it's like they put their B team on this game, along with the commentators......just no good.

What the heck was Bill Maas talking about today? He sounded like Pat Summerall, rambling on about god knows what. The camera work was terrible as well. The camera man and Maas need to be punished. Maybe next week they can call the Packer game, that will show them.

Bill Maas was absolutely brutal today. He's easily one of the biggest meat-heads I've ever heard call a football game. One of my favorites from today...after the ruling in overtime that DelHomme's fumble was a forward pass (horrible call by the way) Maas says, "well it's really not going to matter much anyway, either way the Vikings will have great field position." What???? Having the ball on Carolina's 30 is the same as getting it on our own 20 after the punt???? Unbelievable.

I agree. We got the B team from fox today. The camera work, lack of replays, and boneheads on the mics, were all terrible. I hope these guys don't call the majority of our games this year on fox. If they do I may have to go with PA's call on KFAN along with the TV on mute.

As far as the vikes go, good game. Good play calling/coaching from Childress. It's nice to have a coach that can manage the clock, the tempo, and get his players rested at the right time. I don't miss Tice one bit. And after watching the hi-lites of the fins game I am soooo happy we went with Johnson over Pepper this year. I still think it will be tough to pass the bears up for the divisional title but a wild card birth looks very possible.

Quote:

I agree. We got the B team from fox today. The camera work, lack of replays, and boneheads on the mics, were all terrible. I hope these guys don't call the majority of our games this year on fox. If they do I may have to go with PA's call on KFAN along with the TV on mute.

I got fed up and actually tried that, but I couldn't stand the delay. PA's call was about 4 seconds ahead of the TV crazy.gif

You get used to the delay.

Playcalling was o.k., that last drive in the 4th quarter was real ugly.

The fake FG though was sweet.

The $6.00 beers at the dome were not worth $6.00.

The defense was spectacular

I would like to see us play Carolina with Steve Smith in the lineup, doesnt look like Delhome knows what to do without him.

Here is the place to give Fox a nice ripping. Terrible camera work, and the announcers were even worse.

Fox Feedback

Thanks Sandbar for the link. Comments sent to FOX

Quote:

One of my favorites from today...after the ruling in overtime that DelHomme's fumble was a forward pass (horrible call by the way) Maas says, "well it's really not going to matter much anyway, either way the Vikings will have great field position." What???? Having the ball on Carolina's 30 is the same as getting it on our own 20 after the punt???? Unbelievable.

My personal favorite came late in the game after Smoot made a nice tackle and pushed the opponent out of bounds. Everyone at the game of course yelled "SMOOOOOOOOOT!!". Maas said the Vikings fans were booing because of the late hit out of bounds - while we were on defense. Yeah, we wanted a late hit called on us, because everyone knows how much the home crowd loves penalties. At least the other announcer corrected him by saying "Or maybe they're yelling SMOOOOOOT!!".....the few seconds of silence after that was golden.

Thanks Sandbar..... I sent in my comments to Fox too. I hope to God they don't assign these guys to a Vikings game again.

Smoooooooooooot

I sent a couple of comments into Fox. The first one ripped apart the announcers. I think we could put together a better group in the booth from this website. grin.gif I can usually handle the bumbling idiots in the booth, but who in the heck was running the camera?? I KNOW I could do a better job. There must have been 8-10 plays were the QB, with the ball in his hands, wasn't even IN the picture. Plus, the camera guy was faked out 3-4 times. It was a very poor broadcast, period. I vented to Fox about the rookie camera person also.

Thanks Sandbar for the link . I ripped both the camera crew and the boneheads in the booth. I have followed the vikes for 30 some years but have never seen such horse@#%* camera work in my life.

I actually noticed the plays were off camera too. And it happened more than once. At first I thought my television wasn't wide enough. I don't have one of those fancy wide screen TV or HDTV yet. If it happens again this weekend I will be one to contact Fox as well.