• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

SATURDAY 9/16

minnesotatuff

on the water about 5.30. started trolling right away in 8-12 fow. one perch and a 22 or 23" muskie. it wasnt as windy as i had thought it might be. the weeds were high and plenty thick making it difficult...i learned for this weekend its still rocks. i couldnt resist the temptation...went out and spent enough time trolling indian point to see a guy catch a 29" bobber fishing before it got dark. then it was back to the shoreline for dark, this time from 3-6 fow. i quit fishing about 9.00. there was pretty frequent lightning all around to the west... its amazing, the one walleye i caught was only a couple inches bigger than the #5 shallow shad perch i was using. maybe i was using the wrong bait? maybe in the wrong spot? a boat got back to eddys just before i did. they had some luck south of rockie reef. i dont know how long they were out or what they were using. i fished north of eddys. it was a short trip, but very sweet. when i say sweet, that means nothing bad happened. everything was smooth, as it should be by myself. that was the warm-up trip. from now until ice its going to be some of the best fishing i have ever experienced. please dont take that offensively anyone. i am not pretending to be anything other than a honest person that is doing the best i can at the moment to be able to enjoy the thing i enjoy most in life, fishing walleyes on mille lacs. i have the deepest respect for the people who live and work there. my dream is to someday live there too. however, for now i am a weekend warrior...for better or worse.

this forum is like any other forum on the internet in that anyone can write on it. well, almost anyone...i think the editing has been very appropriate. its also been refreshing to read peoples honest experiences. you have been the best teacher/mentor. best of luck to all and stay safe.

regards,

minnesotatuff

I found a steady bite most of the day, ended with 15 eyes 15-24'. 12 pike (2 tagged) both were covered in algea but we easily readable with minimal effort. 3 muskies 30-38, and a limit of very nice perch all over 10 inches, there seems to be a really good class of 11 inchers it should be a very good winter. Sunday was good in the morning until the front moved in and the wind switched about 10 in the morning, everything shut down.