Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tearin' lips

Grouse Hunting Near Duluth.

7 posts in this topic

I am a college student at UMD and I was just wondering if there is any good/accessible grouse hunting spots around the duluth area. I don't want to drive many miles, but I will walk many miles on trails. I know about the gunflint, but how accessible is it? How far is it from Duluth? Any information is appreciated!

Thank You and Good Hunting!

There are lots of grouse hunting opportunities around duluth area. Canosia wildlife management area isnt far, Boulder lake management area is good. taft, and off the Munger shaw road past the cloquet river, there is lots of county land. There is no shortage of grouse hunting in Northern minnesota

Thanks for some direction. Up in the International Falls area we can basically go anywhere on logging roads and hunt road or tail off of them because it is all county or paper mill land. But being new to the area, I liked to have a few areas that I know are safe to hunt. Are plot books $25 like they are up in the Falls?

Thanks Again,

From my understanding, can you alos hunt waterfowl on canosia?

Thanks again,

There is lots of area within 20-30 minutes of Duluth. Get a copy of a PRIM map for Duluth. These are available through the DNR online. The Minnesota county atlas also shows alot of areas but isn't as complete. Yes, you can hunt waterfowl in canosia.

If you take rice lake road north from arrowhead road there are a lot of trails on it once you get past island lake.

thanks rotwieler, I believe that I will be heading out tuesday after classes. I can't wait to be out in the woods!!! grin.gif