Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DougSpringBay

Wrong Forum?---NO----- Anybody seen many Vermilion area Grouse?

6 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any of you guys have been out in the area for grouse. I have seen two here at the resort, and I have a very excited 11 year old son to get out for some birds. Just wondering if some of you have been out.

Doug

Its gonna be a really good year.

I have a 9 mile drive on a dirt road to get to my cabin. when I came in Friday at about 5:30 I counted 7 grouse on the road. My guess is the woods is loaded with them. By the way walleye fishing was terrific in spite of the heavy wind and all the musky fisherman running around.

Keep your hook sharp, Tadpole

Doug, I am on the Tower end, I have about a 1/2 mile drive to my place and the other day when I came in I had 5 (Partridge) Grouse sitting on the road. I had to actually slow down and let them cross the road. Looks like it might be a good year for the birdies, I probaly will get more "birdies" in the woods than on the golf course.

Darrell.

Must be nice to own a resort. No work to do, make lots of money, and have all the time in the world just to hunt! Oh by the way, the boy and I saw 22 chichens and shot 10 sunday, on the Holms road.

PT-

Ah yes!! The life of the resort owner. I am free to work any 12-16 hours a day I choose. I don't have the worries of what to do on Saturday for 22 weeks out of the year, because Saturday is not a day off, for that matter, no day is a day off. However, I am most blessed, first of all to be able to do what I love, and that I love what I do. I once heard that making your vocation you avocation is the key enjoying your work. Once again, I feel very blessed, and I am thankful everyday for what I do for a living.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on Holms RD. Might get up there sometime between afternoon bon bons and evening crumpets.

Doug