Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buzzin'

Grouse???

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone hunts grouse down here? I am from northern minnesota and pretty new to the area. Moved here last summer and didn't do any grouse hunting down here. I know they're around the whitewater area as I have heard them drumming while fishing. Just haven't really heard of anyone hunting them. I am planning on doing some exploring and trying to flush a few up...

Let us know how you do. Last year I kicked up a few cubbies of partridge while dove hunting near Hayfield, but never saw them once season opened.

My brother bird hunts and I can tell you this much.Go to the area your allowed to hunt and go into the area of pine trees on top of hills or ridges.

I have seen a few in the river bottoms, nothing like home up north although. I think they see as many grouse down here as we would see Pheasants back home.

Thanks for the info guys. Went up north for a few days up around Orr for some grouse hunting and it was great. More flushes then ever and lots of shooting. Had a 40+ flush day, ran into a group of 8 birds, pretty fun. So doing that probably won't spend too much time down here, just have to spend some time driving to get the bird(grouse) itch scratched.