• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to go now?

Jeremiah Johnson

well I had my opening morning stand picked out, but after looking at the weather, it looks like I'll have to bust out the blind because of some rain coming in tomorrow (of course on opener), so where would you guys suggest I put it? I was thinking in a pine tree plantation, figuring they'll be trying to bed in there...

Find a trail coming from a food area and set it off a little bit and clip some branches and put it under a tree and cover with clipped tree branches.

I would set it up between a food source and thier bedding area.I might stay by the beans and hay if its only a light drizzle.If its raining hard I would then get closer to the corn.

When putting up your blind make sure you cover it well or they will shy away.I would cut branches off a tree and put them all the way around and on top of the blind.It would hurt to spray a little scent control or cover spray on the blind also.

Good luck and tip a nice one over. smile.gif

Also,if it is raining real hard I might think of not hunting as you will have a hard time tracking a deer with no blood trail.

thanks fellas with the tips! I only have public woods up here, but I'll try to make way best i can with the cover and food source