Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeremiah Johnson

Border Patrol!

10 posts in this topic

if you get a chance to watch "Border Patrol" Do so! its a great duck hunting movie thats 100% filmed right here in MN and 90% is on public waters the other 10% is on fields goose hunting. The movie shows gives you even more hope if you dont think there are that much ducks here in the first place. Their shooting is all that great too which makes it better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a chance to meet Mike, on of the owners, at game fair, he seems like a pretty cool guy. The video is pretty decent. Theres some good footage on it. I think there next one will be much better with the experience they gained from making this one. He said they plan on coming out with it after this fall and next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah they do a great job!

ps. i love your signature!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds sweet! Where could someone pick up this video/DVD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There website is Minnesotawaterfowler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the gander here in Bemidji sells it, I dont know if the others do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they said that they're available at all of the Ganders and Mills Fleet Farms in the state. You can find them at kelleroutdoors dot net also.

I've watched it and it is now my favorite video. These guys are really down to earth and they do shoot a lot of ducks and geese in Minnesota. There's no guides or outfitters, etc. You can tell they do a lot of work...but they shoot a lot of birds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right on Mnducks! I just watched the video and was really impressed. Nice to see guy shooting ducks in "MN-like conditions". Really liked the personalities of the guys in the videos too. It didn't seem like they were playing to the camera at all. Really good video and I hope those guys stay with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still on the lookout for the video down around the cities. No luck yet! smile.gif

Might just have to order it up.

Another video that I recently watched was "Stranglehold" which has a number of Minnesota/Dakota scenes in it. One of the guys in the video is from TRF and Curt Quesnell (from the Lake of the Woods forum) does some of the commentating in the video too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stranglehold is awesome! I felt for the black lab on all the hard retrieves in that river hunt with the current going strong (I was told that the dog passed away after or during the hunt, Chiodo is a great guy) I love TRF!!!! lots of birds north of the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0



  • Posts

    • Jim Uran
      I have to add that my buddy has had the Eskimo propane auger and loves it, he has a season and half using it and it hasn't given him any problems. 
    • Jim Uran
      I've had an Eskimo Shark for a few years and I love it, I'm not a fan of the aluminum handles on it, they have given me an issue or two but customer service is outstanding. Can't comment on the EVO, other than  I think they are gimmicky, but I love their six sided insulated hub. Works great for my family trips or just going out by myself. Sets up easy and there is a ton of room. 
    • papadarv
      Vexilar makes many "fish finders" what model do you have. Is it a flasher, a graph, WiFi type. Will help in knowing what your looking at when running your finder.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      brianfisher, Welcome to Fishing Minnesota! Using a flasher in open water is way more difficult then using a regular depth finder! It takes a lot of study time to really learn to recognize what it is showing you! Basically anything marked even slightly off of the bottom is likely a fish unless there is a lot of floating weeds etc. in the water column. I suggest that you get out on the ice with your friend this winter and use his flasher through the ice. You will very quickly learn to adjust the gain settings and learn to recognize fish under a controlled depth condition! If possible have someone that is familiar with his flasher model go with you and show you how to operate it. Once you learn to read a flasher your fish catching rate will go way up! Cliff      
    • RuddyDuck
      Ice forming in the dogs water dish right now! Forcast still looks good starting Tuesday. I predict the first truck thru the ice on Buffalo will be Dec 23!