Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BLACKJACK

Looks like a SE wind tomorrow morning - with rain :(

4 posts in this topic

Was just out to the National Weather service website and it looks like a SE wind tomorrow until about 4 PM, then swinging around to the north. I'm pumped to get out but I don't like bowhunting in the rain, not that I can't wear my camo rainsuit but I hate the idea of getting a shot and then having the rain wash away the blood trail. But it sure would be fun to be butchering a deer on Sunday during Sid time!!! To be a bow hunter you have to be an eternal optimist as in 'this is the time they'll walk by my stand'!!!

Good luck all!!!

I hear ya BlackJack. I will likely be in one of my pre-setup ground blinds if its raining. Would be pretty sweet to take one opening weekend. This is only my second year but last year I could have had a chance to get one if I would have been patient and waited on stand longer. Dang mosquitoes were biting the heck out of me - even with the repellent. So I jumped two deer and stopped a doe and her fawns in their tracks on the walk back to the truck. : P

A south wind would be the worst for my favorite stand.

I'll probably have to use a pop up blind instead.

Chuck34 I think the thermacell works the best in a blind.

It kept them out earlier this year for me when the kids and I camped out.

Of course there are 10 times more mosquitoes now.

It's a terrible wind for our opening day spots, but one of the stands they can come from almost anywhere, so that's where I'll be. Hunting out of permanents in big oaks, if it doesn't rain real hard, you stay pretty dry in those.