• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ducks and Milfoil

RobertELee

Did anyone see tonight on the news that they are suspecting ducks or birds on transporting milfoil? They said that they have found milfoil in a few lakes around the cities where boats have rarely gone. I tried to find it on kstp.com but they must not have posted it yet.

Yes, I saw it. The theme was a sense of surprise which I don't understand. What surprise? Seems to me that waterfowl would be a likely source of the spread of both weeds and fish. That isn't too say that boats aren't a good way to spread it either and we still need to continue to do our part to minimize the spread.

Bob

They're the type of people who don't want to believe that strange weeds in their garden come from seeds in bird poop.

Well I for one was at a surprise! Surprised that they didnt think about it or even considerit before! I believe All animals are guilty of transporting these weeds either by seeds or by bits and pieces of weeds.

here is the story from KSTP

Milfoil