• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jesse Crain=POO POO

SledNeck

Crain needed to go down for awhile until he can get his pitches working.

We need a few new pitchers soon and we could make a good run at the division title.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• UdeLakeTom

• greebs

• tisosy11

Crain cannot be sent out...he can only be traded or put on waivers...maybe somebody else would take him.

Maybe it was another one of the Twins everybody says that should be sent down then that I was thinking off...Too many complaints about too many of the Twins.

The Twins have optioned struggling relief pitcher Jesse Crain to Class AAA Rochester.

Crain was 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA wnd was the losing pitcher in Sunday's game in Chicago against the Cubs. In 23 appearances, he had yielded 16 earned runs in 17 2/3 innings.

The Twins announced today that they have reinstated lefthanded pitcher Glen Perkins from the 15-day disabled list. He will start tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

From the MN Twins website:

To make room on the roster for Tuesday night's starter, Glen Perkins, the Twins have optioned right-hander Jesse Crain to Triple-A Rochester.

Crain was the losing pitcher in Sunday's 3-2 loss to the Cubs in Chicago after giving up the winning run in the ninth inning, allowing three hits and walking one to break up what had been a 2-2 tie. It was a continuation of the troubles that he has had this season, going 2-3 with an 8.15 ERA in 23 appearances (17 2/3 innings).

Manager Ron Gardenhire was frustrated by Crain's struggles after Sunday's loss.

"You try to find the right situation to put him in ballgames, but when you get to this point, there's no right situation," Gardenhire said. "He's got to go out and get outs. Our bullpen's dying out there, and he's the guy that's got to try to get somebody out, and it didn't happen today."

The move to option Crain allowed Perkins to be activated from the disabled list in time for his start against the Pirates. Perkins went on the DL on May 19 with inflammation in his left elbow. He'll be making his ninth start of the season, and he is 1-3 with a 5.36 ERA in his previous eight outings.

I think it was a little delayed move, but at least it was finally done. I was wondering how long they were going to wait on that move. You know the saying a cat has 9 lives. Crain had about 50 lives. They really gave him his chances in the big league. There are not many players who get that many chances like Crain did. He was very fortunate his career in the league was as long as it was IMO.

The Twin's sure have been patient with Crain. He has shown flashes of DOMINANCE....then little league flashes. After his shoulder surgery ....last year, he showed some good velocity, but not enough control. This year early he looked GOOD...then his shoulder tightened up, and he either looks afraid to LET-IT-GO...or there is something wrong in there again. HE MAY BE DONE.

Crain's problem isn't velocity, he throws 92-94mph. His problem is his fastball has no movement at all. He cannot hit the corners either, so when he throws a strike it's over the middle of the plate. Division 2 ball players can hit a 93mph fastball left right over the plate. He needs to get some movement on his fastball and learn to hit the corners...Like Slowey

• 1 month later...

HE'S BACK!!!! shocked

We're saved!!!! All our pitching issues have been cured in one fell swoop. Look out Detroit, here we come! cry

I hope this is a sick joke

Sad but true. Here's the story:

OAKLAND -- Overtaxed might be the only way to describe the Twins bullpen right now.

The Twins relief corps has combined to throw a total of 26 innings over the first six games of the club's current 10-game road trip, including 21 innings over just the past four games.

In Wednesday's 16-1 blowout loss, the bullpen was called upon to pitch eight innings and it has started to take a toll.

"We can't have our bullpen eat up five or six innings every night," catcher Mike Redmond said. "You especially can't sustain that for a week straight. No team can sustain that. That's what we've always talked about how important starting pitching is for us.

"When we play well our starting pitching gets us to the sixth, seventh and makes the game a lot shorter. When we are not able to do that, then this is what happens. You get guys extended out and trying to throw more innings than they are supposed to be throwing."

After Wednesday's contest, the Twins made a roster move to add a fresh arm to the bullpen. They recalled right-hander Jesse Crain from Triple-A Rochester and sent Kevin Mulvey back to Rochester.

Crain is schedule to join the Twins in Anaheim for Thursday's series opener against the Angels.

"We have to have another pitcher," Gardenhire said.

The Twins used a total of three relievers in Wednesday's contest, including Mulvey who made two appearances during his short callup. In addition to Mulvey, the other two pitchers likely won't be available on Thursday. R.A. Dickey threw 86 pitches over 4 1/3 innings and Brian Duensing threw 26 pitches in 1 2/3 innings.

Due to the amount of work all of the relievers have been getting as of late, the club might get a chance to see quickly what Crain can do. The right-hander, who posted an 8.15 ERA in 17 2/3 innings for the Twins before being optioned on June 19, has been working to get back his form at Rochester. In 12 games with the Red Wings, Crain was 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA.

"We'll see if Jesse can help us," Gardenhire said.

Despite having added an extra arm to their bullpen out of the All-Star break to give them a total of seven relievers, the Twins know the only way to keep from tiring out their bullpen is to get their starting pitching back on track.

Minnesota will look for Scott Baker to do just that on Thursday in the series opener against the Angels.

Well the good news is for you Crain haters is that he is now out of options, if I am not mistaken. His next trip out of the majors will be way of the waiver system. He may not be a Twin for long if he doesn't perform. Then again, I think Mulvey showed we don't have any better options, as sad as that may be.

Maybe he will be able to help us out a little, but I will not be holding my breath. Kind of looks like they won't be making a trade with this move happening.

Well the good news is for you Crain haters is that he is now out of options, if I am not mistaken. His next trip out of the majors will be way of the waiver system. He may not be a Twin for long if he doesn't perform. Then again, I think Mulvey showed we don't have any better options, as sad as that may be.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is true. As I understand it, an option is good for the entire year. They can continue to send him back and forth for the rest of the year without having him pass through waivers if they want.

Crain not so good in the 10th. He should be sent away. Nothing will change even sending him down for a month did not improve anything.

"We'll see if Jesse can help us," Gardenhire said.

How much more do you need to SEE? How long has he been consistently terrible?

Trade him + cash to St. Louis or Denver for a couple kegs of beer and sunflower seeds.

I haven't been following the recovery of his arm, but is Neshek still part of the Twins org. and if so, when is he slated to come back?

Neshek is still with the twins, at least I think so, back in spring training Gardy talked about him either on the weekend morning good neighbor show or the radio home of the twins. Wouldn't be back until next year though

Nice 2 innings last nite...and a win to boot. Although both innings I got a little nervous when he let a man on base. Hopefully, his 2 seamer will work out for him.

I guess nobody noticed, they are too busy lamenting the lack of trades and Cuddy not worth his salary.

He looked good last nite. Sox hits into 2 double plays on sinkers. He will be OK.

I do have to say Crain looks like a different player out there so far. Not bad. Interesting to see if he can keep it up.

From the little I have been able to see and hear about it sounds like he was having some mechanics issues that took some speed off his pitches. He then was trying to over throw to get some of the speed back and in turn leaving the ball up with no movement.

His stint in AAA gave him time to get his mechanics back in place so that he didn't have to over throw to reach the same velocity. He can now relax a little more and pitch instead of just throw.

It would be nice if he can pitch that way for more than one game. Doesn't look like we will be picking up an extra reliever, so we are going to need someone to step up. Duensing stepped up to fill a hole too, although he gave up a couple HRs. At least no one was on base for those.

I just cant watch anymore. It truely is pathetic watching Crain pitch. When are we going to get rid of him, I have seen high schoolers pitch better. Keppel can go with him.

Crain is shot. His arm is crizzap. Amazing hes still on an MLB roster. The Twins deserve to finish 3rd if they keep running him out there.

You can see it on his face that he knows he may have lost it too. He was really sweatin out there tonight. No confidence.