• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jesse Crain=POO POO

SledNeck

When I see him warming up in the pen in a close game, I want to throw stuff at the TV. The other night with the bases loaded was the very last straw. Then tonite!

Thoughts?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• UdeLakeTom

• greebs

• tisosy11

Sled, I think it's a case with Gardy about protecting the rookies. I will agree, with all the guy's in the pen, Crain makes my hair on the neck stand up. By the way, where's Baker been? couple of opportunities to pitch in blowouts lately.

Tonight I think was a good guess by the kid at the plate. Was not too bad a pitch, yeah, it was down broadway, but low. He just went down and got it. He at least came out and had a 1-2-3 eighth... Still has pretty decent numbers. He stunk early, like most of the staff did. Huge win tonight-apparently no let-down after the bad 'Cisco news. Only 1 game behind the Kitties!

totally agree--- HUGE WIN for the Twins!!! instead of being 2 games behind the kitty cats and 1 ahead of the Sox, it's a full game ahead for both. Huge momentum booster after (or was it) such bad news. I think the TWins make the playoffs regardless of Radke. If he can pitch in playoffs,, watch out, they may surprise the baseball nation and likely have much of the nation behind them. I think Santanna will lose a game thou in his last few starts, just hope it's not agst the White sox!!!!! He's still a 20 game winner with a under 3 ERA and over 250 strikeouts. Put that on the board.

I felt the same way at the start of the season, but lately, Crain has been lights out other than last night.

We will need him down the stretch. These young arms will not consistently get us into the 7th inning, so we are gonna need Jesse big time. I actually think he has found his stroke. Last night was a slip up, but after that first batter, he was unhittable.

You can't expect these guys to give never give up a run. It wasn't even that bad of a pitch. The guy went down and got it. Crain has been very consistant over the last couple of years with the exception of early this year.

He has been real good for sure.

One lucky swing and people start getting on him. It was a decent pitch the batter just did a real good job getting wood on it. Remember that these pitchers are throwing to batters that are paid big dollars to hit the ball. You can't go all year without giving up a homer now and again to quality hitters, it happens. Baseball has alot of luck involved.

The other 4 batters he faced he was dominating, it really was just one pretty good pitch and one really good swing.

We still won the game.

How about Boof, another 6 inning 1 run outing. I'll take that everyday of the week. He really figured something out while back in the minors. I am happy for him.

The Boof, The Boof, The Boof is on FIRE!!!

Rick Anderson said on KFAN that the first pitch was suppose to be a changeup and that the signs got screwd up and fast ball was thrown.

Yeah I suppose he should, I mean after all he could have turned the most incredible double play of the year as he was about to get taken out at second! Thats crazy talk, I'd say it was a team loss... how many guys did they leave on base all night long? I believe it was eleven.

the guy was 10 feet from first when the throw went skipping by morneau. Maybe Bartlett will hit 3 homers today and we'll forget all about it. Atleast the sox and garland lost, YAY! Rain stopped, time to go hunting!

Did I see that right? Opponents batting 365 against Jesse Crain.

Something is wrong with this guy. I just get bad bad feelings.

• 6 months later...

I called a whitesox home run today of Crain.

Maybe I should be a reoccuring guest on Montel Williams.

• 1 month later...

WOW, what a great Jesse crain is throwing meatballs mind!

KFAN bit if you don't get it!

I guess he has a torn right labrum & rotator cuff. No wonder he hasn't been right all season. Sounds like he has been pitching with it for awhile.

Quote:

I guess he has a torn right labrum & rotator cuff. No wonder he hasn't been right all season. Sounds like he has been pitching with it for awhile.

yeah without a doubt it has been effecting his pitching for the last 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sledneck, I sense tension with you when you speak of Crain.

I have a feel that you dont really care for Crain.

Quote:

Sledneck, I sense tension with you when you speak of Crain.

I have a feel that you dont really care for Crain.

Im sures hes a great guy, but he's really hurt the team. Especially since Gardy and Ryan like to give everyone 10 chances before they make a move.

• 10 months later...

Wow Sled,

Digging into the archives, eh! LOL

Windy

Crain was in the mid-90s yesterday. He looks pretty good to me, decent command, velocity, looks like his pitches are moving. I'd take him over Rincon or Guerrier right now.

Yeah, rincon definately doesn't seem like how he use to pitch...give crain some time and he will be back to 06 form.

Tisosy,

Any thoughts on "why" Roid-Con is not pitching like he used to???

Windy

Well one reason he isn't pitching as well as he use to could be be because his role changed. Neshek moved right into that setup spot. At least we got the best closer in baseball!