Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
findergameandfish

Fish Fry!!

findergameandfish

Keegan's Irish Pub & Restaurant to Fry the Biggest Fish Ever in Minnesota History

This weekend do not worry if you did not catch the biggest fish ever. Keegan's Irish Pub has caught it for you. Here is your chance to eat it. Keegan's, in Northeast Minneapolis, will establish a Minnesota state record on Saturday, Sept. 16th at 6 p.m., by frying the largest fish ever in the state's history. The 40+ lb., cod will be cooked in a giant fryer holding nearly 230 gallons of oil. All net proceeds from the sale of the monster fish will be donated to The American Diabetes Association.

The Biggest Fish Fried event and fundraiser is just one part of Keegan's Irish Pub and Restaurant's three-day, 1/2 Way to St. Patrick's Day Festival taking place September 15 - September 17. The celebration is FREE and includes live music each night.

tonyjor

My bro will be 23 tomorrow (saturday). Anyway, back to topic, my fav. color for fishing is five of diamonds, so I guess yellow and red. I guess that's two colors, but it works better than white, at least for me. Although white spinnerbaits tend to put a LOT of hammer-handles on my line wink.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      We found our better pike in 20 fow this weekend.  Same weekend last year they were in 7.  That might be the reason you haven’t been seeing much while spearing? Thicker ice and more snow.  And they’ve been grabbing small minnows after staring at em for a long time.  They marked a heavy line on the sonar for up to half hour before slurping in the crappie minnow. Small shiners have been getting small pike.  Large shiners haven’t been getting hit at all.
    • Spss
      I've been out there a few times. Where are the deadheads?
    • Alex wilhelmi
      Fished shields lake yesterday from 900 am to 6. 12 fow caught 25 real nice gills 10 perch ,all dinks. And 2 crappie about 9 inches. Pretty steady fishing all day. We were about 50 yds from all the sleepers. Lots of traffic. At least 2 ft of ice. Used a little ant , orange and bright green with some white dressing tied to it. Got em from Nagel's. He said they were good, and he was right. Tipped with wax worm. Crappie came in at 530 caught the biggest on a glow blue angel eye with a minnow head. Snowing really hard so we packed up. Tent is froze. But we're going back out here in a bit. Gonna try roberds lake. I'll post later on that. Good luck all!
    • Tom Sawyer
      You two are sure putting the smack down on some super sized Pike! Those walleye text you just sent were nice too. Your killing me man; I'm off todo more snowblowing. Though to take it when the wife's schoolin' ya', been there lots of times with Patty. Join my club, LOL!
    • Bigfatbert
      Slobslayer99 , Echo can be a fun lake to fish for Walleye and Crappie. As for being there on the opener , like most lakes , it's all going to come down to when the ice goes out , and the type of springtime weather that prevails up there this year as to how the opener bite might be . The lake is shallow and has quite stained water . Early ice out , and a warmer spring can have the lake good to go on the opener for you  for both species. As for where to fish , that also depends on the spring also , as the water starts to warm there , very shallow muck with deadheads around the lake , or the shallow rock pile with reeds on the far eastern  end are usually safe bets for Crappie . As for the walleye , they can be caught on the rocky shorelines throughout the lake . Early fishing there is best with minnows...  ahhh the opener , you gotta love it .
    • Slobslayer99
      Going up the echo for the first time this opener any tips or info would be appreciated
    • JBMasterAngler
      Tried South Lindstrom today. Was able to mark some fish, but they were tight to the bottom, and would not move! Got 1 tiny perch. Was only out for a little bit, then the snow really started coming down. Talked to someone else, and they had the exact same results.
    • monstermoose78
      I have two boss toms at my dads and I think a strutter might be the ticket
    • IceHawk
      I'm really leaning to buying a mojo scoot and shoot amd trying that this year talk about a adrenaline rush. 
    • IceHawk
      I've used a full body full strut before can be good or bad depending on a birds mood at the time. In certain situations they can be a killer, 
  • Share & Have Fun