Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nofishfisherman

Sheilds Lake

5 posts in this topic

Anyone have any info on this lake. Thought about giving it a shot. I don't have a boat so is there good fishing potential from shore? What can you catch from shore there?

Is there a place to rent boats on the lake, either motor boats, pontoons or canoes?

Thanks for the info.

there is a camping/resort area for campers on the northside next to the landing. They are under new ownership and have a bait shop, boat rental, and docks. Owner is nice, he'll give you some tips. Good bass lake,lots of sheepshead, bullheads, and dogfish though. Used to be a good crappie lake haven't heard much lately.

although i haven't been on that lake for a few years; it used to be a great lake for northerns in the back bays around the clumps of weeds using spinerbaits or inlines.

I was there about 3 weeks ago and the water level was so low on the north side by the campgrounds his landing is closed as he is in about 6 inches of water. Also he said he couldn't get his boats out as most of them have no props left because of people hitting rocks.

Back in the day 25yrs ago or more I fish that lake with my dad and grandfather and did we slamm the bull gills and we would get eyes right out in front of the landing nice ones too. that was then this is now and I haven't even seen that lake for at least 5years oh how I miss the good ole days.

when I hear of sheilds lake I always remember fishing with grandpa. thanks for the post.