Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stmichael

Perch

4 posts in this topic

I am interested in finding perch, any ideas where to go? I have fished this lake quite a bit and I have personally never caught a perch on this lake. or brought into the boat. (I seen one caught on a launch once) Do they prefer minnows or will leaches work?

I hear it is going to be WINDY Hopefully the 12 foot alumacraft can handle it. crazy.gif Just kidding I hope that the 16 ft sylvan can though.

We start out trolling with small shallow running shad raps to locate the perch. Last weekend we found them in 8’ of water. We anchored and started fishing with pan fish leaches and must have caught a 100 Perch in 1 hour.

Can assume you are from St.Michael,Mn.....

I found them in the rocks on North side of Spider 5-10, Trolling....

I am not from St. Michael, my outlaws gave me the nickname. Since my father in law pointed me in the direction of this wonderful site, I figured that I would use stmichael as my username. I actually live in Mounds View.

Thank you for the information! I was out on Lakeside Reef on Friday night. Man, it was windy out there! Caught one perch. We were on the lookout for 'eyes no luck. Drifting and bobbering, should have tried trolling.

If he only knew the truth about my sthood frown.giffrown.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif