Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LovenLifeGuy

9/13 report

7 posts in this topic

With all this talk of the fish going I had to try and get out! After having my first child two weeks ago and trying to get many things done around the house my wife let me go wink.gif. I wanted to get out early but was held up. I did end up getting on the lake around 10pm with my brother and his friend (both first timers with the night cranking). After trying a couple spots with only a northern I hit a reef on the east side. We pulled sticks and shads between the three of us and found the shads to be the hot bait with fire tiger and perch being the best. We got all but 2 fish in 6ft of water or less over rocks going around 2 mph. Most fish were just over 22 and we had 1 at about 26. We took 7 home for the table between the three of us and all of them were real nice and fat wink.gif. I think we baoted about 15 or so eyes from 10 pm until about 1:30. The fish were still going when we left but we had to go (some people have to work). This is going to be a great fall and the fun has just begun blush.gif

LovenLifeGuy

Sounds like you had a good time. I played hockey last night against Al's team and he was a no show. He must have played hooky instead of hockey.

Water Temp?

Didnt make it last night I have softball on wednesdays for the next few weeks. Wish that we done so that I could be hitting the pond a little more. How did the game go last night? I will be there for the rematch in a month.

Mid 60's.

When are we going? smile.gif

Corey Bechtold

A quick question, was thinking of heading up this Sat night the 16th and since it's not the full moon anymore, wondering if the fishing should still be good? You hear a lot of guys saying you need the full moon for the night bite but is this really true or any time in the fall a good time to fish at night? Thanks for the help!

im going up saturday afternoon and into the evening for the first time since late july. i dont want to jinx it, but it sounds none too early... good luck to you. i will be putting in at eddys.

regards,

minnesotatuff

You don't need the full moon, it's a nice convenience and might make the fish more active, but you'll catch plenty of fish at other times too, especially now with the water temp dropping. Any time you could go now would be a good time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• CaptainSeabass
      G'day guys, I've started up this post as I will be visiting Minnesota (to be specific the Stuart Lake in the Ottertail Lake area) and I would love to hook into some fish! I'm originally from the Netherlands, have lived in Australia for the last 8 years working as a fishing guide, I have moved to Dallas TX with my wife and now we will be visiting my in-laws in Minnesota. I would love to catch Musky, which I know West Battle Lake holds, and of course Walleye. I have been trying to look for areas that hold smallmouth but was unable to find any. I don't have a boat up there or anything so I know I will be in a massive disadvantage for musky but I will give it a try with waders. I would love to get as many tips as possible! Cheers!
    • thelars5
      This years West Central Bowhunter 60 will be held on August 12th and 13th with registration from 9am - 3pm Saturday and 9am - 2pm Sunday!   Come to enjoy the rolling hills and grasslands of the Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center. Little Crow Archers of Willmar & Swift County Archers of Benson have teamed up to host this 60-Target 3-D shoot. Shoot it in one day, or make a weekend of it and shoot both days! Our promise is that you will not be disappointed!   Highlights include, Generous sized walking trails, On-site concessions, and seating deck! Stakes for : Adult, Youth, Traditional, and Cubs All on over 100 Acres! 90% Rinehart Targets   Full Course (60-Targets) $23 Adults ~ $15 Youth 16 & under ~ $60 Family Max 1/2 Course (30-Targets) $14 Adults ~ $8 Youth 16 & under ~ $36 Family Max   Shoot Location: Prairie Woods Environmental Learning Center 12718 10th St NE Spicer, MN 56288 GPS coordinates: N 45° 14.716 W 95° 1.777 @1.5 Miles West of Hwy 71 on County Road 29   www.littlecrowarchers.com
    • osok
         Personally I do seem to catch quite a few overs, some days it can be a challenge to find keeper fish ( stupid problem to have, huh?). One thing I notice is that all the fish seem to be very thick through out the classes.   While I was tackling some honey-do's I noticed that the breeze was a bit stiff, I'm sure it was a challenge to maintain a line or consistent  speed.   Over all was it a good day for you?
    • ZachD
      Nope that's exactly what I wanted to hear thank you probably will go to look at gander in forest lake to see if they have anything good left
    • ZachD
      There are good bass in Crooked too
    • DLD24
      Do you typically catch quite a few overs on fish? I fished it for the first time today and we got lots of gills and a few good quality eyes...The wind made boat control a pain.
    • monstermoose78
      lol I posted that Friday but with no service it must went when I ran into town for new hose
    • monstermoose78
      I was up over the weekend to do cabin duties. I did get laker trout at cascade river Friday mornings it was 17 inches but made for great trout and eggs breakfast. Agree with maple bacon longjohn and Chet's doughnut. Also a must stop for me is trail center for lunch the 3 Cheese grilled cheese is amazing with a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. Just look at this lunch
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Lindy rig with 1/2 crawler! 15' to 19' depth. Cliff
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I second Crooked Lake. Super clear water too. I kayaked in there recently and was amazed at how many sunnies are in there. First calm wind day I get I'm gonna get the yak in there and bring my flyrod.