Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1tofish

Pro-V lLive Well Question?

3 posts in this topic

I'm posting this for my friend who needs some trouble shooting help with a live well on his Pro-V.

He has a 2006 18ft. Tiller. On occasion the front live well fills with water when he is moving. He has the lever in the closed position and does not have the live well on.

We are guessing the valve is still open to some degree. Is there any adustments that he can make?

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

The pickup and the pumps are in the rear of the boat, so I would doubt that you could pick up water when boat is in forward motion. Is the plug in the hole at the bottom of the live well?

I agree with Down Deep. Check to see if the plug is in and in tightly.

My 2001 Lund Mr. Pike does the same thing. (Front live well fills with a few inches of water. Rear live well is dry.) In my case, I'm sure it's the plug leaking.

Not a big problem for me because I'm probably going to fill the live well with water anyway and usually run long distances.

He may want to get a new plug. They can lose flexibility and get hard with age. Worth a try.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Rick G
      Soooo many spots to hit, your going to love the yak, JC!   And Royce is right about an anchor. This would be my first investment.   
    • lawman
      My unit is not a link unit. I thought they worked the bugs out of these units. 19 years ago they recalled all of these when almost all of them failed. Fingers crossed I guess.  
    • Cret Jigs
             Hi guys - went out on Blue lake yesterday .... water temps around 61 -62 on the surface.    Tried for some walleye with ripple shads in the weeds with no success, did manage a nice Bass.  we switched to crappies and managed keeping a nice meal.  Let a nice monster Blue Gill go (9.75") and kept some nice Sunnies for the frying pan.   Pan fish were pretty active if you hit the right spots.  A lot of people out there and the access was not a place to be in a hurry!!   We had to work for the crappies and the ones we caught were 9"-10" crappies full of eggs.  I would guess that although the ice was out early, many of the species are now late and delayed on the spawn.   if this weather don't warm up quick, i think the bass will drop their eggs and it won't be a good year for bass spawn this year.    Talked to some anglers out their bass fishing and they thought it was very slow and were puzzled.   Cret
    • Sushilicious
      I apologize for my word choice. I'm from chisholm n most of my camping trips growing up were decided after work on Friday n we can't do that now. The only positives that have come from the reservation system is ppl who have never been 2 the park (5%) now don't have 2 worry about a spot n the fishing guides don't have 2 worry about finding a place 4 shore lunch.
    • Wanderer
      Sorry I had to edit your title.  I've been hearing some people are upset about the change.  But I also heard there were some positives about it too.  I can't say anything one way or the other since I'm not affected.
    • Wanderer
        It does have lakers but I think they closed it for harvest.  I thought I read it was due to those lakers being a different strain and getting fished down a little too much.   That laker Rob caught was a hawg!  Too bad he got it taken away.
    • Sushilicious
      The fact that ppl have to reserve a campsite is absolute BS. The only thing the park accomplished by making ppl reserve campsites is lowering the amount of ppl who visit the park.
    • slammer
      Ive had the same issue.  I turned both the motor and remote of for 30 seconds or so and then worked fine.  it has happened twice for me.  Hope its not reoccurring which would be very annoying.  For the cost,  this stuff should work.  I wonder if they are I-link motors?  Mine is.
    • eyeguy 54
    • slammer
      How has the bite been this weekend?  Not able to fish this weekend due to graduations.  Shiners still working?