• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When is the last time we discussed line types?

I know its late in the season, however, I have found a way to steal three more days on the lake in early October.

I was going to respool. I find myself moving away from the mono's, looking at the Power Pro, braids, etc to get the best feel while walleye fishing.

I loved biting my mono (dentist sharpened an incisor) for quick re-tie. I am getting used to the tougher lines and slower changes and love the feel of no stretch lines.

What do you guys like?

When it comes to walleye and bass ext. I only use 30 lb spiderwire. We fish up in canada all the time and that s the only line that you can rip out out the rocks. With mono you just lose to many jigs and lures. Plus a few years back i had the biggest walleye of my life on, i was using trilene, and right when it got near the boat it snapped off. Thats the last time we ever used mono.

On Vermilion I use 8# or 10# Power Pro all summer.

I tie on a small snap when using jigs so that I can change colors quickly.

I add a 10# mono leader when using Lindy Rigs.

Great Line! laugh.gif

Cliff