Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hermit

Passport providers near Int. Falls?

7 posts in this topic

I'm sure this has been answered already somewhere, but where can a guy go about applying for or getting a passport in International Falls? How much are they, and how long will it take to get them completed?

Thanks in advance for any information!

You can apply for a passport at the Koochiching county Recorders Office 715 4th str. It costs around 100$ and it has to be sent in, and takes about six weeks usually. You don't need one to go to Canada this year or next. You might in 2008, but they will probably come up with an alternative before then.

Go to your local courthouse to get the application. Then you'll need an approved photo. Most places like Walmart, Target, or Kmart will take passport photos. Take your photos with the completed application back to the courthouse. Your passport will take anywhere from 6-10 weeks to come. When your passport comes it looks like "junk" mail. It's good for 10 years. I red the other day you'll need a passport, beginning 1-1-07, to get back into the states.

I just checked with the latest out of Homeland Security, and, for land crossings, you do not need a passport until Dec 31 2007. Wouldn't be surprised if it delayed more. They are also working on a BCC (border crossing card), to be used instead of a passport.

Thanks for the clarification JCR. The passport is needed at the end of this year for air travel. Land travel starts a year later.

you can actually do it all thru the internet except the last step. which is get in notarizd at many places and mailed. You do need a birth certificate (there are other options, but that is the easist)and you can go to the link below and down load the form and instructions so it is all ready before you take it in.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Bitz

The easiest I have found is to go to your local post office. There is a packet to fill out, get two identical passport type photos(wallgreens), return to post office with check,about 4wks got passport.