• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Electronic mice repellents, do they work ?

Valv

Question

I am having a serious mice problem this year, must be a sign of a tough winter to come, but anyway I was looking at these electronic mice repellents, they look interesting, there are several types and versions.

Do they work ? Has anybody used them and found them effective ?

15 answers to this question

In-laws bought them. They are worthless.I use brick bait in my basement where I store firewood and never see a mouse, ditto for my shed and garage. Don't waste your money on those electronic contraptions.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Val, if you can find one small enough to fit on a cats collar they work great. grin.gif

We have a couple of industrial ones at work and they work, kinda sorta.

Best way I know of to get rid of mice is go to a local farm and get a ball bearing mouse trap. (cat)

Down side to that plan is when the mice are gone you now have a ball bearing mouse trap to deal with.

That's what I thought, they look too much as a "worthless contraption" more than effective solution.

I won't use poison or they will die inside hous somewhere and stink up the place, I guess I keep on going with standard traps untill all the mice in the area are exterminated.

BTW DO NOT use the glue paper traps, they are the stupidest idea I've ever seen. Once you catch mous it's still alive on it, you have to pull his legs apart to remove it, toss it alive in the trash, smash it with your foot/shavel/etc...

I use the stadard traps. Put some peanut butter on the catch and shove it into a paper lunch bag. Catch a mouse and it's an easy cleanup.

I don't care handling mouse on trap, I just hated to look at it alive when I am pulling its legs off....

MnIce, I saw the kittens but they are in St Michael !!!! I also have 2 of them, toms, the most worthless animals I ever saw, they just sleep, eat, and ....well you know what.

I need some females, these do hunt !!!!

I have a siberian husky and let's just say there aren't any varmints anywhere around the house. Better mouser than any cat I ever seen. We do have a couple squirrels in the trees but they pretty much never come down to her level.

Has any one heard of using formeldihyde for mice? I think this is what an exterminator uses, the mice brings it back to the nest and they all die without leaving a smell.

If this works, where can I get some formeldihyde?

I'm looking into this for my mom who is dealing with mice in her house. She doesn't want anything to do with disposing of the dead mice...actually, she doesn't even want to look at them. crazy.gif

a cat is the best pest control out there. Most are annoying as H-E-double hockey sticks but mine does it all with no meowing. He tells me he wants food by jumping up to his food dish and water by jumping into the tub while I'm bringing the kids to the pool. I've seen him take out everything from fruit flies to mice. Chipmunks have slipped past him but not past the garbage can I left tilted and filled up with rainwater. That was gross. I felt bad as he was probably swimming and trying to get out for hours. I found him 3 days after the storm. I dont mind them but I have a hole somewhere in my heating ducts and he was in the house at one point. I found poop in a drawer so I set a trap and it went off with no result so I know it was a chipmunk. Kitty was pinned to the counters for a few days before he drowned. Now I've been pest free. The occasional fly or moth gets in but kitty makes quick work of them. MMMMM, protein.

Ive never tried this but my neighbor claims he leaves couple open containers of pine sol out and mice dont like it and he hasnt had any in his shed or garage since he started it.... confused.gif