Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neiko

Mukooda

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has summer fished this lake. If so how did you get a boat there? Would we have to tow a 14ft and portage into the lake. How was the fishing for you. We are heading up that way for grouse hunting in the fall and I thought it would be nice to get back there some how if there is a way.

Neiko, The portage is tiny. You can almost throw a rock across it if you have a good arm. Probabaly 60 yards. Haven't fished it in years, but it has good small mouth, Sunfish, Lakers, crappies. Good luck

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of bringing my 14ft which isn't lite but if it is only 60 yards we could figure something out to get it across for 2 people. Is there a dock on Mukooda or just going to there? Are there any campsites there we could stay over night there on?

The entrance has a dock and right at the end of the small portage thier is a campsite on the edge of the lake

I am bummed. I just found out Lake trout season closes the week before we go. Is it still worth going there for other species? How are the walleyes? Are there any under 20 inches? How are the pan fish also? I was really looking to go for the Lakers. Might have to try it this winter.