Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wade Joseph

Place to hunt squirrels and rabbits

6 posts in this topic

I am looking for a place to hunt squirrels and rabbits. I was hoping someone had a "100 acre wood" with a few hardwoods taht I could get my little guy out to experience some hunting. Not asking for permission for deer or anything else, just furry critters from opener till about mid october.

Don't know exactly where you're from but the best advice I can offer is to find some public land. These get hit pretty hard for deer and some for grouse but usually you can still do well on the small game. Good job getting the youngster out there. Both the MN and WI DNR websites have maps of public land. Good luck!

ill help you find some public lands just let me know where you are located and how far you are willing to drive

12 miles south of Superior.

I think I can hunt the chequamigan(sp?) nat'l forest.

what do you click on to get to the mn dnr public land map?

Buy a squirrel distress call and just blow the heck out of it: quick short bursts. That will bring in squirrels like crazy. Make sure you are seated on high ground so you have a high vantage point.