Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
River Rat

Smallmouth?

6 posts in this topic

Was wondering if there were any good spots for smallmouths. I am planning on going today. If anybody would like to join me i am gunna go around 12 just post back

Thank you everybody

i would go to the rivers (i love current). picked up some nice ones this week on bass plactics. the big one went 3.5 lbs nice for the little river.

It's a lil' late but I'll post anyway...Try Island lake. The population of Smalleys' have increased and "grew" in the last 10 years, making it a haven for smallmouth fisher-people... grin.gif

St.Louis River has a ton as does island lake. They were on fire last week on the river!

The river put out some really nice fish for us tonight, not all about quantity; but certainly quality. We ran into one school that gave up a fish on every cast, all 2+ lbs, one pushing 5.7 lbs. As far as tactics, they were close to shore, but not exactly shallow; and they were very aggressive. Top water and spinner baits were key.

Northlander- Pretty sure that was you who we chatted with in the parking lot... I saw the FM sticker and "Northlander" on your truck as you drove off. Nice to meet ya.

Oh man I didnt even think about you guys being FMers. Im sorry I didnt ask if you go on FM. Small world. I had fished that spot earlier but just a ways down and only found small ones. I think I know that big one you caught.

Ill be out again later this afternoon about 3:30.