Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobby Bass

Mother Natures Elements

20 posts in this topic

Of all that Mother Nature has to offer what is the one thing that bothers you the most when fishing? For me it would be that wind that just always seems to be there when fall comes. You get a nice sunny day the temps aren't bad and then when you go hit the water to do some fishing and that pesky wind is blowing. Makes a warm day cool and a cool day cold. Does not take long to make wet hands a problem. So what of Mothers Natures charms could you do with out?

I would have to say the Mosquito!

On a side note...it is really distracting when "Nature Calls" grin.gif

Bugs! Gnats, biting flys, Mayflys, bees, Mosquitos, all them creepy crawlies that make life miserable.

The wind you can usually hide from...might crimp your fishing plan, but you can still fish.

The heat is like the bugs, you can't get away from it, so I guess the heat and the bugs would be a toss up?

During the fall the floating leaves on the surface get to be a pain.

Day in and day out it's wind. But another thing which really bugs me is that white fluff on the surface when the cottonwoods are spewing it. Gets on the line, in the guides and is a general nuisance.

As I was reminded recently, cooler weather also affects me. After being frostbitten so many times in the past, my hands get numb very easily. I use rubber bands to attach "hothands" to my casting had and this helps a lot.

Wind!

Lightning sucks. It will drive me off the water way quicker than any wind or bugs.

Here in SW Minnesota it's super duper windy like 363 days of the year so we get used to it.

Skeeters suck, however.

Dampness....I hate getting wet or feeling wet. frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Once I'm wet, I am cold for the rest of the day.

Cottonwood.

For me it is the rain because the fish never seem to bite well when it is raining. I live with the wind because it seems to help fishing. Maybe I am doing something wrong when fishing on calm days.

I disagree. Some of my best fishing has been in the rain. I remember one time my brother, his wife, my wife and I were fishing crappies. We were doing ok but not super. It began to rain and the ladies copped out. We decided to stick around. Good thing. We couldn't feed them fast enough! They ate everything we threw at them.

Bob

Having to work and not be able to go fishing, my biggest gripe.

Never really get time to go fishing, weather isn`t the problem. frown.gif

I absolutely hate grass or weeds floating in the water! It's a pain when trying to troll anything.

I don't mind wind if the temp isn't too cold.

H A I L !!!!!

Wind and if theirs no wind its bugs

I can't stand calm days, Deer Flies, and all the other nuisance bugs you have to contend with, not to mention, your stinky butt brother-in-laws nasty beer farts that won't leave the area unless you put the troller on MAX!!!

Let er blow, blush.gif I will fish, and have fished, in just about any wind. You just have to adjust to the conditions.

I don't like to hard water fish in the wind though, then I like it calm.

if its to windy. a guy could always go sailing. heheheh cool.gif

I hate the wind, well I have a lil boat so I blow around like a bobber. I hate bugs to. Cripes!

1. algae. It gets caught on any lure.

a close 2. wind. It blows my 14 footer around like crazy.

3. bugs that love to fly right in front of my eyes.