Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
croixeyes

boat launch on pelican

6 posts in this topic

Gonna be up that way next week,wondering how shallow the jones bay launch is?Also is there another launch around that area that might be better?

I never get down to Jones Bay landing in the summer, I use the small ramp just North of the Breezy Resort. That bay is getting shallow, but I got my 18' fiberglass off and on the drive on trailer easy enough the other day.

The one I use is up by breezy. Its not he marina but the one north of there. It always seems to be in good condition. The channel coming out of jones always tends to get shallow so you got to take it slow, but you should do fine.

Good luck!!!

Thanks guys,I have never had a problem launching out of Jones bay,but ive heard the water up that way is a little lower this year.Does anyone know if there is a launch over by stevens point?

The access at jones bay is still good you should have no problem getting a boat in and out of there.

Just heard from a friend who works at Breezy Point that a few cabin owners on some of the shallow bays on Pelican Lake had helicopters carry their boats because some of the bays are so shallow, they are no longer navigable. I wonder what that would cost!

A lot of cabin owners are going to be in for a real treat if they haven't been up here for a while!