• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

For Sale: The Ultimate Mobile Fishhouse Machine!

It's time for me to sell my pride and joy. I built this mobile fishing machine 4 years ago and it has been awesome! It is a van that has been designed to ice fish out of it. It also works great as a camper in the summer/hunting season. It has a hitch with 2 inch ball so you can pull your boat or snowmobile depending on the season. It sleeps 2 people and has all the necessities of home. The specifics are below and more info is listed above the pictures.

First the cool stuff!!

3 ice fishing holes with rattle reels

Propane heater

2 burner cook stove

Sink with running water

TV, VCR, DVD, Radio, CB

Theater Surround Sound! (4 speakers and 1 subwoofer)

TV and CB antenna

Bench that folds out to 2 person bed

Bench seat in rear

3 12 volt lights

Roof vent with exhaust fan

Inside thermometer

Carbon Monoxide detector

Rod holders

Window blinds

Fan

2 12 volt 300 watt inverters

**everything can be powered off 2 deep cycle batteries. It is also equipped with 120 volt hookups**

Insulated walls/roof/floor

Take a look at the pictures below to see everything!

Now the power behind the Fishing Machine!

1978 Ford Econoline Van

Inline 6 cylinder,

Power steering

60,590 miles (the odometer only goes to 99,999, so I don’t know if flipped over but I suspect so)

New starter, solenoid, battery, master cylinder and brake lines

2 rear tires are snow tires with 90% tread, comes with 2 additional tires and rims, plus spare.

The van is an excellent runner. I have put 30,000 miles on myself doing long fishing and hunting trips. I have never had a problem with it starting even on the coldest days up at Lake of the Woods. I have driven this all over the state and Wisconsin taking trips. I always have confidence in it and have never had to worry about it breaking down. If you are wondering how it goes through snow...you wouldn’t believe how much this can go through. IT is fine when snow is 8 inches or less. When it gets more than that I put on a set of chains and it will go through an amazing amount of snow. 2 years ago we put it to the test on Lake Vermillion. There were no roads plowed so we had to make our own paths. Others in the group were getting stuck with 4 x4, but with the chains we never had a problem. I could rant and rave forever about this fishing machine but I will spare you the time. Look below for all the pictures!

The top view

vantoplr9.jpg

Front View

vanfrontanglebt3.jpg

Side/rear view

backanglebq7.jpg

Custom hood ornament

vanfrontma3.jpg

Rear view with CB and TV antenna, also, the rack that hold the propane tank

vanrearsu1.jpg

Driver’s side

vanstearingjq0.jpg

Living quarters. The cab closes off and the TV is seen through the wall

vantvug3.jpg

Switch panel controls everything

vanswitchesaq4.jpg

Subwoofer and sink

vansubzf3.jpg

Sink and 2 burner stove

vansinkstoveqh4.jpg

Sink and stove-another view

vansinkstoveangleqy8.jpg

Bench with storage

vanstoragelu5.jpg

Propane heater

vanheaterqi1.jpg

Bench folded out into bed with mattress

vanbedev3.jpg

2 of the 3 fishing holes. I have insulated sleeves that slide down to keep the wind out. Despite the holes in the floor, it will stay 81 degrees on the coldest days. The holes have covers so when you are traveling there is not an open hole.

vaniceholeszu0.jpg

The third hole

vanfrontholeal6.jpg

Roof vent

vanroofventgj1.jpg

One more pic from the back

vanbackopenbw4.jpg

The Engine

copyofvanengineow2.jpg

It also come with a HAYNES Manual

vanmanualyb9.jpg

The van does have a fair mount of rust, but that with its beautiful color scheme gives it its character.

$850.

Please call if you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them! Otherwise post me a message. The van is located in Winona MN. I will make my best effort to try to help out with personal viewing of the van in other locations of the state. Call for questions or post

Wade

320-309-2944

She's a beauty! Just don't have the money... besides, she's a Ford. And you know what that means when spelled backwards...

Driver

Returns

On

Foot

Awesome vehicle/house otherwise!

Dude, I seriously am thinking about doing a road trip to look this over and maybe buy it.

One question though. If it runs mint and the stuff on it is still good, why on earth would you think of parting with a wonderful peice of art?!?!?!?

When is a good time to call you???? I have cash and can look at it this weekend.

i am parting with it because it just dont get the use out of it i use too. i moved to southern minnesota and there never is much ice down here. all my college buddies who i always use to go on trips have gone thier seperate ways and gotton married. since i dont have my close friends around i just dont use it as much as it needs to be used. i dont want to see it just sit. like they say, if you love it, you have to let it go... confused.gif

a good time to call is between 4pm and 630pm today. i am working nights. otherwise you can call after 2pm on wednesday or anytime thursday. i do work this weekend, but give me a call and we can see what we can do

thanks

wade

This evening will be tough but I'll call ya tomorrow. How's that?

Weekends are the only time I can go road. However, my daughter lives in Rochester so I can multi task and visit at the same time.

tommorow sounds good. we can try to set something up. and let me tell you, you roll up to your daughters place in this sweet ride, you will see tears of joy streaming down her face! she will love her daddy for ever!

thanks

wade

i think it is a very good price. i have almost $2000 into everything. i knew when i built it i would never be able to sell it for what i put into it, but i got my moneys worth in memorable trips. i hope someone else can get the use out of it i have.

wade

Dude, I have to back out on ya.

Not by choice cuz that is a totally sweet looking deal and the price is definately right. Some stuff came up that I have to take care of before I get any new fishing toys.

Sorry dude. Hope it goes to a good home soon.

This is way too sweet, If I could afford this I would really think about it... Way too go man, sweet house... grin.gif

thank you for the compliments! it really is a blast. ...yes you do need a shelter tag on it when you are out on the icefishing from it. i have never been stopped, but i know they wouold give you a ticket if you didnt have a tag.

thanks for lookin. spread the word because with the cold weather around the corner, she really needs a good home!

Do you think it has enough power to pull a 6.5x12 retractable behind it? I am always turning guys down because i dont have enough room for them so if I can pull my house behind it I would be really interested in it!

i would think it would have enough power. it is a six cylinder and that is what i have in my truck. i also have a 6.5x14 retractable fish house and it pulls it fine. the only thing that i would have as a concern is if the current hitch would hold the tongue weight. to be safe i would say you would want to think about having a guy weld on a more study hitch. when i use it i usually pull 2 snowmobiles with it and it does not have a problem doing that. one thing is that the van would cut most of the wind for your shack, so there would be less wind resistance than what you are use to. it's your call but i think it has the power, i am just not sure how much tongue weight your shack has.

L4fish,

Shoot me an e-mail with your phone number. I would really like to take a serious look at this rig.

that is the coolest thing i have ever seen, i live in the winona area i just wish i could afford it frown.gif

paul, just wondering if you are still interested and wanted to take a look? it is still available.

thanks

wade

Wade,

Still interested, just need to try to find a time to get down there and look at it. My schedule has been brutal the past couple of weeks.

understandable, i had hoped to bring it to the mod weekend, but it just wont work. just let me know when you get a chance to look at it.

thanks

wade

Is it a three on a tree or automatic? This is a sweet machine, Man! How's the gas mileage? Also, if I was willing to purchase, would you meet me 1/2 way from St. Cloud with it? my email is Tonyjor1212 at hotmail.

it is an automatic. i really dont know what kind of milage it gets because i am always towing sleds with it and i usually have a car top carrier for extra storage like gas and stuff. i think it gets around 15-20 but i dont know for sure. i will e-mail you some more info.

thanks

wade

• 2 weeks later...

Is this still for sale or has it been sold? I would like to come and take a look at it sometime. let me know when you get the chance. Thank you

Hey, what is up with the ugly Packer's color. You a Packer fan or something? Paint it the MN Wild color scheme, add a couple of hockey sticks here and there and it would be sold by now. Good luck down in Mankato. Don't the Vikings train there? Other than the paint scheme, it is a cool camper/ice house.

bassmaster, it is still for sale. i would be happy to have you look at it. give me a buzz and we could set something up. my phone number is 320-309-2944.

as for the color...it is a beautiful yellow in black, and yes some green carpet but this van plays loyalty to whoever owns it. so vickings/packers/wild/brewers/twins...this van will love you no matter what team you cheer for!

Thanks for the number Wade, I will be in contact with you soon. Do you have a email by chance?

• 2 weeks later...