Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David Frank

My First Trail Cam Pics!!!

24 posts in this topic

I would like to send out a special thanks to all of you who helped me get my first trail camera set up. I couldn't have done it without you. Here are the results!!! There were many more, but these are a couple of my favorites. I will be after the big buck with the kicker on his right side.

240629418_fe45bf2a22_m.jpg

240629420_281158ce2d_m.jpg

240629422_5853f3001e_m.jpg

240629424_c00fcd3288_m.jpg

Dave

Nice pics; are u on private land? what part of state (North, South, East West?)

Yes.... all private. I would love to try a private land archery mule deer hunt out west some time, but around here I would rather not fight the crowds.

Dave

Nice pics, what camera did you use?

Is that doe piebald or just lots of camera flash?

Just camera flash on the doe.... and it is a moultrie game watcher 2.1

Dave

Nice pics Dave.

Hope your tree stand is comfy...

Nice pics!! Glad to see you're getting your camera figured out!!

I'd shoot that buck in a heartbeat!

Can you post a larger one of the buck David?

Look at the brow tines on that thing! Wow...

Hopefully this works... I am new to posting pictures.

Dave

241538294_57e6a684b6_o.jpg

Holy ****!

Check out the brow tines!

That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw him about a month ago while scouting. Now, seeing him out of velvet makes me want to hunt NOW!!! In SD, our archery opener is sept. 23rd. You can bet where I'll be that morning given that the wind is out of the right direction. I will be after this guy with exclusively archery equipment. He is bigger than any buck I have ever shot... archery or firearm!

Dave

Isn't it early for the bucks to be out of velvet??

I have seen quite a few out of velvet already...

I can't wait for the phone call on this one Davo. Go get'er.

what part of minnesota is your pic taken?? I live up by int'l falls and I havn't seen one out of velvet yet...I'm just trying to get an idea how far behind we are.....thanks

Dave lives in North Eastern South Dakota.

I've seen several bucks in Rochester, MN recently and none are wearing any velvet anymore.

Very nice buck.Thats the one most are looking for and very few connect with.Good hunting.

thanks for the info tyler.

As Tyler stated, I live in NE SD. Tyler, if you don't think you can wait for the phone call on this one.. imagine how I feel. That bad boy is on my desktop full time. I just keep telling myself that no matter what, I have to wait for him... unless a bigger one shows up!

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who helped me get my camera set up.

Dave

I am not the most experienced at scoring deer. What do some of the more experienced hunters out there think this guy might score. I realize that without a full view of his width or entire right side it may be difficult, but i'm just looking for a round about score. Any possibility that he may make pope and young?

Thanks Again,

Dave

Well, assuming he is an 8 pt with that sticker on the right....

I have an 8pt that grossed 124.

Brow tines are nothing close to that deer. G2's and G3's look like they could be somewhat similar.

Spread appears that yours is outside ears possibly.

If I was forced to guess, I would say pushing towards mid 130's. Some different angles would help a lot.

Hopefully I will have a few different angles before the SD archery season starts on the 23rd. My best educated guess was around 130.

Dave