Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MN

Taylor Falls Info

2 posts in this topic

I hope to get to the Taylor Falls area i the near future, will be launching just north of town. Plan on doing the smallie thing and then maybe waleyes. Questions, how scary to navigate? Are their enough walleyes to justify fishing? Any other concerns or tips?

Thanks,

MN

The smallies are starting to stack up in the basin just above the dam and can be caught with heavy metal and some meat the eyes are a bit shy but can be had as well if you look into the right areas. The goodnews is that there are some really nice crappies that are haunting the upper croix. For the eyes look to the rocky island areas towards the dam the crappies look in the 18-22' range and for brush or rocky areas. They seem to suspend more up there then on the lower Croix. Upriver from te put in areas can be a bit dicey depending on the rig you have but just go slow and learn the area if you plan to head upriver. The smallies can be had shallow right now holding along shoreline cover towards evening as they ar bulking up on everything they can get. Jig and minnow deep will get you bit during the day with a surprise cat or?? thrown in as well. Hope this helps!

Tunrevir~