Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Farley

Was that game last night fixed or what?

11 posts in this topic

Giants vs. Colts. Eli vs. Peyton. One playoff bound team vs. another. Biggest hyped game of the year and the refs determine the outcome. WTF? That B.S. call on the Giants for "pushing off" was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Then the "illegal snap"? What is an illegal snap? The guys in the booth didnt even clarify what it was because they've never heard of it before. Then the ref puts 7 seconds on the clock and keeps it running so the Giants have to scramble to get one more play off and it results in an incomplete pass to end the game. Both times I think the Giants could have gotten a FG to tie it up if it werent for those B.S. calls.

I can't stand Eli. But the Giants could have and should have won that game. Tiki Barber was unstoppable.

Why don't you like Eli? Seems like a decent QB to me.

2005 draft. "But Daaaad, I dont wanna pway for the Chargers". He's a baby.

He showed how good of a QB he is last night, he gave up the ball a few times but the way he led the team was impressive I think. Still dont like the guy.

Yeah, that "push-off" call was junk. Let the guys play football, that was a good play, no foul committed at all there.

In the Colts defense though, Peyton showed much more composure than Eli, and although Eli finished with a better pass rating, Peyton was the much better QB.

And I agree, Tiki is about as good as they come. Jacobs isn't a bad back-up either smile.gif

Hopefully Brad Johnson and LT can get me some points tonite. 9 points back from my match-up...

I don't think the call was that bad. Although it was not a powerful push, you could tell it occured right at the moment the Dback was trying to turn his shoulders and hip to break on the play. By lifting his elbow it threw off his balance which is why he slipped/stumbled. It was one of those sneaky veteran moves and CARTER just got caught.

It wasnt Paxico on that play. It was T. Carter.

I didnt see a touch at all, I think the D-back just got his butt burned big time.

Can someone explain what an illegal snap is? I dont even know what happened there. None of the announcers even expanded on that. They just said "oh yeah, they put that rule in effect two years ago". That sounds to me like they didnt know what happened either. And why would you take 10 seconds off the clock, then keep it running? Doesnt the clock stop on a penalty?

Jacobs is going to be a stud. 6-4, 250. Fits well in that offense as a 3rd down and goal line back. I snagged him on draft day. Probably as a keeper.

I just think the DB thought Carter was going deep. Then when he realized Carter checked back it was too late and he tried doing a 180 going 100 mph... gonna fall trying to do that.

You have to pump your arms when trying to gain speed or change directions, so naturally it's going to look like he lifted his elbow/shoulder when making the cut. It's a natural running posture, and no contact was made in order to push off. The DB just got stuck on the turn-around... I'm giving props to Carter on that one, good play...

i didn't see the illegal snap in question but i know of one illegal thing a center can do. Once the center puts his hand on the ball it is illegal for him to sort of pump fake it back to the QB, basically fake the snap. I have seen this one other time awhile back and it is subtle but it does cause the D line to jump since they are qued in on the ball movement. I am just guessing that this is what happened. You don't see it often but it is a no-no.

Ya the calls were at a terrible time for sure. Both were decent calls just at terrible times. If they happened in the second quarter nobody would be talking about them today.

The better team last night won. Eli will be good but still has a lot of learning to do. The last interception was a young/dumb mistake.

Can someone explain what an illegal snap is?

The center has to remain motionless for 1 second prior to the snap. He can not move his free hand, arm, etc. or they can flag an illegal snap.

They are also not to pick up the ball and replace it in an attempt to draw the other team offsides. Its a fairly common call everywhere but the pros where fundamentals always slip some...

I thought the push off was actually a good call. I don't know how much he moved the defender, but he enhanced his ability to make the cut by using the defender to turn, thereby "GAINING SEPERATION" the textbook offensive pass interference standard...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• If you want to stay away from the crowd I would suggest Beacon Harbor I think after jan 1st they don't allow day passes its only beacon harbor and outdoor authority who have houses there. Then they allow only a limited amount of yearly passes.

Now they don't have all the bells and whistles like a bar and food ect but John and Ann are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Not to mention I personally think it is some of the best.

Now if you needed a bar and food and all that my choices would be Rogers or Westwind

• fins_n'_feathers

Posted

Today was the complete opposite of yesterday. The current coming out of light house gap made a pocket of clear water out in the lake overnight, fished right on the edge of the muddy water in 14 feet of water and went through 3 bags of frozen shiners and caught a bunch on plastics after the minnows were gone. Nothing fantastic for size, only 3 in the slot but nice limits of 14-17 inchers and a ton of smaller fish. Once that muddy water gets blown out or clears up the bite is going to be crazy good!

• eyeguy 54

Posted

212 wondering the same thing maybe?? ;)   

• Agronomist_at_IA

Posted

• CigarGuy

Posted

I got 4 nice ones last Friday in about 8' to 9' of water in a channel off Wakemup Bay .  It was the last hour of daylight.  Tried a couple times during the day Saturday and right before dark and struck out.

• 11 hours ago, BringAnExtension said:

Zach-

I have been making annual ice fishing trips with friends for about 12 years ago.  We have tried LOTW, Mille Lacs, Red and one other lake that happened to be where we could use a free cabin for a weekend.  With that one exception for the free cabin, we have also rented sleepers.

We have never made it to Devils Lake, but it is on my personal bucket list just because of the possibility of those monster perch.

Six years ago, we ended up back on Red and no longer consider any other option.  Here's why:

• This fishing is good.
      • The Petrowske family are wonderful hosts.
      • No other resort that we have used has come close to being wonderful hosts.  They just didn't put any effort into it.

Now, I don't know how that you translate to your running portables, but I have never been disappointed with our trips to URL.

Hope that helps.

You should definitely try Devils lake I went 3 years ago and had a blast. Not only did we get put on a good perch bite but they put us on an Insane walleye bite the guy said it was about an hour window from when the sun starting setting and boy was he right in that hour I caught walleye after walleye after walleye. As soon as I would start reeling one up another mark would take its place on my graph and I couldn't get my lure down fast enough.

I am sure Johnny P is all booked up on weekends by now and for some reason some of the guys don't like sleeper houses all though I may push for it this year last year was such a hassle packing everything up for the night loading the trucks having to bring sleds and wheelers. I much rather bring my flasher couple rods and lots of beer. I go fishing enough running and gunning its nice to have a break where you just show up and fish.

I usually go to red 3-4 times a year and last year we did go to red for our work trip as well. Just weighing the options.

Has anyone ever rented house from Arties bait on big stone?

• DRAGFOOT

Posted

I don't know what to say, we crushed em jigging in 30 feet last Friday while getting knocked around in the waves. Anchored up and never moved. Lots of boats on the river already then and not good reports at that point. I was going to go back up for Saturday and if I did I would go straight out to 30 feet again. 

• delcecchi

Posted

Gee, think things might be rigged?  Got to be there in person to bid.  Maybe they would get a better price if bidding were on line?  Of course that would inhibit the buddy system.  Make it inconvenient to bid, get lower bids, make the in crowd happy. 

• yomammy

Posted

Anyone sniffing any fall-pattern crappies??   Have they found the way to the basin-areas or nearby the basin areas ?   Thanks 

• Thanks friends, much better luck today, but worked pretty hard. 30-35' rainbows kept two 15's and a 16. Dog will get her allotment of a 1/4 filet for her time on the boat and able to save some in the freezer for my family!!!

• ZachD
      If you want to stay away from the crowd I would suggest Beacon Harbor I think after jan 1st they don't allow day passes its only beacon harbor and outdoor authority who have houses there. Then they allow only a limited amount of yearly passes. Now they don't have all the bells and whistles like a bar and food ect but John and Ann are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Not to mention I personally think it is some of the best.   Now if you needed a bar and food and all that my choices would be Rogers or Westwind
    • fins_n'_feathers
      Today was the complete opposite of yesterday. The current coming out of light house gap made a pocket of clear water out in the lake overnight, fished right on the edge of the muddy water in 14 feet of water and went through 3 bags of frozen shiners and caught a bunch on plastics after the minnows were gone. Nothing fantastic for size, only 3 in the slot but nice limits of 14-17 inchers and a ton of smaller fish. Once that muddy water gets blown out or clears up the bite is going to be crazy good!
    • eyeguy 54
      212 wondering the same thing maybe??      
    • Agronomist_at_IA
      Wow 212 views no response?
    • CigarGuy
      I got 4 nice ones last Friday in about 8' to 9' of water in a channel off Wakemup Bay .  It was the last hour of daylight.  Tried a couple times during the day Saturday and right before dark and struck out.